I'm not able to launch that anymore. I'm operating on Win10. Even if I opt for 'run as administrator' option it wont work. Appreciate any advise.
Same thing happened to me. Cannot lauch it anyway. Tried to reinstall and problem persists.
So after spending some time looking for a fix, I could only find a workarround solution. Just to give a general picture of my issue with ADE
- I have ADE running for almost 1 year. I use it basicaly to study ebooks generated on this platform (if I could only have a choice ...) These ebooks requires ADE ID registration to work.
- All of the sudden the application stopped working this weekend (June'20).
- Tried to uninstall/reinstall/reboot and no luck. ADE wouldn't start, giving no hint neither error message of what was going on.
- Step 1- Remove ADE 4.5
- Step 2 - Download and install ADE to 4.0, using the install zip provided at this link:
- Step 3 - (Required in my case, as after installation, I was able to access the App but the following error message showed up: "Error! Check Activation.") Reset ADE ID. To do that, go to Help -> Remove Authorization . After that Add a new authorization with your credentials.
Things seem to be working and I can go back to my chambers and study.
I also found a link (for those who believe a workarround is not enough, and want to keep wasting time) to play with windows registriy...
Thaks Adobe for developing a crappy App with no support.
I changed to location when dowloading to Windows C and that helped.
What do you mean "I changed to location"?
I have the same problem, suddenly, probably after the last Windows 10 update of June, 2020. I removed the folder, uninstalled and reinstalled the program, tried to run as Admin... nada.