• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to log in to digital editions on ipad

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello i can't log in to my digital editions to read a book on the ipad app even though i am logged in on laptop and on safari on ipad. i can't log in through google on the ipad and it won't recognize my username or password in the app. it redirects me to safari to reset my password where i am logged in but then it still doesn't help me on the app. the chat "help" function is a nightmare and didn't help, then the chat disappeared.  no one will help me on twitter. can someone please help me here? i've never spent more time trying to access a book than i will probably spend reading it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anna,

Please let me know if you are getting any error message while authorizing Adobe Digital Editions on iPad?

Also, can you try to de-authorize ADE by launching it and go to Settings -> De-Authorize and then try to authorize again and see if that helps.

Regards,

Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anna,

I have sent you an email. Please check your inbox and revert so that we can connect and look into the issue.

Regards,

Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having the exact same problem  on my adobe digital editions for iPad. It doesn't accept my adobe id or password even though I know both are correct and I can log into the website without any problems. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

were you able to fix it,because im getting the exact same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same exact issue, a year later. I logged in thorugh google (with my school account) and when I try to log in on the app it doesn't recognize the email or password associated with my school account. Please let me know any solutions anyone has found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Through a web browser log into your adobe account, turn off temporarily the setting "2-step verification".  Then authorize your device.  Then you can go back to your adobe account settings and turn "2-step verification" back on (don't leave it off!).  I think the reason I had this problem on my iphone is that it's older hardware, so it doesn't have the latest iOS version, so there's an older less featured version of the "Digital Editions" app associated with that older iOS - this older "Digital Editions" app doesn't have the latest log-in that allows "2-step verification" logins.

I would recommend you also use the "authenticator app" feature using "Authy" (because the "Authy" application lets you back up in case you lose your phone)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, i was having trouble logging in too and after trying every suggestion I found online, I finally managed to find a solution that worked. As I was trying to authorize the device (my ipad) on ADE, I entered my email without problem but as soon as I tried to enter the password it immediately assumed "secure password" and wouldn't let me change it. As a result it showed "incorrect password". In desperation, I kept clicking on the space reserved for the password and eventually it showed the possibility of scanning the text. So I wrote down my password on my iPhone, scanned it so it appeared on that space, authorized it... and it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines