This is my problem: I downloaded a library book to ADE and from there to my Kobo, but am unable to open it on the Kobo - it gives the message: "your ereader is not authorized to open this book"
I contacted Kobo support and they gave me a long list of instructions:
1. Delete the book from the Kobo please
2.Deauthorize ADE with the eReader
3.Deauthorize ADE with the computer
4. Delete the book from ADE
5. Delete the book from the computer ( usually you have a downloads file and a my adobe
digital editions file) delte the book from both
6. Delete ADE
7. Download ADE version 3.0
8. Authorize ADE 3.0 with the computer
9. Close ADE
10. Open ADE and download the book to ADE
11. Close ADE
12. Connect Your ereader to your computer
13. Open ADE
14. Authorize ADE with the eReader
15. Transfer the book to the ereader.
But I am unable to deauthorize ADE with the computer. It asks for a Vendor Login ID and password. When I enter my ADE ID (my email address) and password, it won't accept them, and I am at a complete loss - I have no idea what to do.
I have done all of these steps. I have spent hours in the last couple of days trying to fix the issue. I FINALLY did and was so glad I didn't have to deal with it anymore. I loaded a couple books on, all good. The next day, I borrow another from the library, add it, and I'm not authorized to read it. Not only that but it now won't let me read ANY of the books that I could read before. This is so frustrating and could be so simple.