• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open EPUB with Adobe Digital Editions

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest Adobe Digital Editions installed on my Windows 10 but when I try to open an ebook in EPUB from the library it won't open and I get a message saying:

"This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action.  Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel."

What do I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right Click on the epub file.

Choose open with.

Choose Digital Edition.

Activate the option that it was allways with the programm.

Then is should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.  Unfortunately this doesn't seem to work.  When I try to open with the choice of Digital Edition and small box appears with the words "Error! Check Activation".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Close all applications.

Choose Start > Run.

In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.

In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.

In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.

Close the Registry Editor.

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also cannot open an epub Indesign file in Digital Editions unless I export as a 2.0 epub.

I have ADE 4.57 and 2018 InDesign CC.  I/ trying to create an epub for a 335-page book.

Need to find errors, etc and I must have a 3.0 file. Does the Registry correction work for this

problem?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2018 Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Open With" right click doesn't work

The "regedit" operation doesn't work after I've reauthorised the computer

Uninstall and reinstall doesn't work

Ordering paper version of the book now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2019 Jun 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I cannot open them on my copy either.  It says my ADE is 4.5.10.  It took me forever and a few forums all over to figure out how to open the ADE program.  Now I am getting errors GALORE trying to read the item.(s)

Tried saving my folder as My Digital Editions.old

(lets me run the program at least)

I also get these errors:

Error getting license (when I have received a copy from Netgalley or the publisher for an ARC).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines