• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open title, errors were encountered in this item.

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unable to open title, errors were encountered in this item. bought 3 books from Google all 3 give same problem, ordered same title on one from Kobo store and have same problem. No problems with none DRM products or short DRM book i purchased. Using windows 10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 17, 2015 Dec 17, 2015

And which error message you get exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 17, 2015 Dec 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And which error message you get exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2016 Jan 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nanaky,

Sorry for only just replying the Unable to open title message comes up after adding titles to digital editions then trying to read them, the Unable to open then the title is the main message underneath it says errors were encountered in this item and gives the file path. The same 3 books cannot be read on a tablet using Aldiko App, there is a Could not load file error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 10, 2016 Jan 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this case try to download the eBooks new.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nanaky

By try to download the eBooks new do you me download the books from the site again? if this is what you mean I have already done this several times it was the 1st thing I tried when I had problems opening the books. The three books were purchased and downloaded from the Google play store, but when I started having problems I purchased and downloaded one of the titles again from the Kobo store but got the same error message again. I Have also tried reinstalling the Digital Editions software on my computer to see if this would help. All seemed to be okay in September 2015 when I last purchased, and opened downloaded books.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only url files from sample library not helpful at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its not solved the issue it help to solved the issue: Can you dwnload a other eBook?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re-installed ADE 4.5.7 for Windows working fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem. I have already uninstall and reinstalled and the problem still persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help. Me too.  Trying to deauthorize but it doesnt recognise my password.  Its a work PC so I cannot reinstall ADE myself.  still works fine on my home laptop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just installed ADE 4.5.12 and downloaded two Public Libary books.  Trying to open them I get the Unable to open title, errors were encountered in this item then gives the path and file name.   trying the same thing with some PDF's I had it works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines