• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to re-authorize my Adobe Digital Editions

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded an ACSM file from a bookstore, but were unable to open it in Adobe Digital Editions.

I got the error E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEY_OR_PKCS12.

After googling around a bit I got the suggestion to de-authorize and re-authorize my Adobe Digital Editions. However, when trying to Erase Authorization I am left with the error message "Unable to Erase Authorization. Please try after some time".  (I know the password is correct, since I am able to use that very same password to login to Adobe web-site.)

Why is this problem? How do I proceed? How can I re-authorize my copy of Adobe Digital Editions?

TOPICS
ACSM files , ADE authorization , Deauthorization , DRM

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This won't help, but I'm getting the exact same results when I try to open an ACSM file or reauthorize my computer. I'd love a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this on another forum:

Navigate to usr/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and delete the file activation.dat. If ADE is open, close it. Open ADE, and it will no longer be authorized. You should be able to reauthorize it at that point. After I did that, I double-clicked on the acsm file and it opened right up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Download Bluefire Reader. They are able to adapt the files to read. Uninstall ADE. They are no longer updating it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines