• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to read books with DRM (KOBO Libra H2O)

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

my problem is related to books with a DRM licence. I can read them with a dedicated online app, but if i try to export/open them with my KOBO Libra H2O they can not be opened; the book's icons are black and KOBO gives an error message saying that my e-Reader is not authorized to open the books.

The problem is that it is AUTHORIZED, and the PC too, using Adobe Digital Editions app.

thanks for your help

Andrea

TOPICS
ADE authorization , DRM , Kobo editions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me also. Is there anyone out there who can assist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with the same device, contact KOBO with no help for me. They suggested to install version 3.0 ADE but my MAC does not support old version 32 bits 

Is there someone Here who have a solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same problem.  Surely there is someone with Kobo that can help with this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here - Kobo help centre didn't care, blamed Adobe. Tried Adobe help centre, they were no help and suggested trying community forum - "no fix planned". I've tried emailing them so will now keep fingers crossed. Has anyone else had any luck?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

J'éprouve ce problème depuis très longtemps et jusqu'à maintenant j'arrivais à résoudre le problème en effaçant ADE de mes applications et en l'installant à nouveau.  Je devais aussi réinitialiser ma liseuse Kobo et l'autoriser à nouveau.  Cela demandait beaucoup de patience et de temps mais là, plus rien ne fonctionne et j'ai le sentiment qu'ADOBE nous pousse vers l'achat d'une licence à un coût mensuel récurrent et même chose pour Kobo qui nous offre des abonnements.  La solution, pour moi, sera bientôt l'achat d'une liseuse SONY.

I have had this problem for a very long time and until now I was able to solve the problem by deleting ADE from my applications and installing it again. I also had to reset my Kobo eReader and authorize it again. It required a lot of patience and time, but now nothing works and I have the feeling that ADOBE is pushing us to buy a license at a recurring monthly cost and the same thing for Kobo, which offers us subscriptions. The solution, for me, will soon be the purchase of a SONY eReading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Unfortunately Kobo bought out Sony, they no longer make them as that was
what I had and tried to replace it with another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines