• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to read my local library book in my Kobo Aura H2O

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2014 Oct 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded adobe digital editions 4.0 and have authorized my device and my computer with my adobe id.  When I download a book from my local library into adobe digital editions (ADE), I can read the book within ADE, but when I grab the book title and move it over to my Ereader icon (Kobo Aura H2O) it looks like it has been downloaded into the Ereader, but when the reader is disconnected and checked, the downloaded book does not open, and it gives the following  quote, "oops! This document couldn't be opened...This document is protected by Adobe Digital Rights Management(DRM) and is not currently authorised for use with your Adobe ID.  Please sign-in with the authorized Adobe ID and try again". Both the computer and the reader have been authorized with my Adobe ID. 

Can anyone help?

I have looked at various forums and this appears to be a common problem, but I have not seen a solution yet.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2014 Nov 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and spent days getting bounced back and forth between Kobo help and the library's Overdrive system help.

In the end, after having read about numerous problems with Adobe Digital Editions 4.0, I decided to try ADE 3.0. This was able to authorize the Kobo Aura H2O properly so that downloaded books now open without a problem. I then reinstalled ADE 4.0 and everything works. Looks to me like 4.0 won't authorize the Kobo H2O. Would be interested to hear if others find the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem with a KOBO aura.

Adobe digital edition 4 dit  not  work. But version 3 worked

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestions.  I did try version 3 before and that still did not work, but I will try it again.

I did  take the Kobo down to my local library, and the helpful girl tried to get it working through Overdrive, but we hit a problem using the public computer, and as they were almost closing I just gave up for that day.  I said that if I went to see her again I would take my laptop, which she thought would be a good idea, although one problem seems to be that my laptop is Windows 7, and looking on the Overdrive website, it would appear that I need at least Windows 8 for the Overdrive to transfer Epub books, which creates another problem as Windows 7 and 8 are about to be superseded by Windows 10 in early 2015.

Anyway thanks for the suggestions, and I will repost if I find an answer, also, I cannot believe how many people are having this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this and advise if it works or not:

1. Use ADE 4 to Erase Authorization from the Kobo.

2. Uninstall ADE 4

3. Install ADE 3

4. Use ADE 3 to Authorize the Kobo

5. Then you can try downloading an ePub book from your library and transferring to the Kobo and opening it on the Kobo: You can try this with ADE 3, but you can also uninstall ADE3, re-install ADE4 and then try it. Note: You do not have to do any Erase Authorization actions between switching from ADE 3 to 4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2014 Nov 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jade4Paul, I have had success.

I followed your instructions, by un-installing ADE 4 and installing ADE 3, previously I had downloaded ADE 3 without getting rid of ADE 4. I then tried to download a book from the library, but got an error message, "Error, check Activation", as I was not sure what this was, I checked on the forum and found someone who had put in ctrl + shift + D to de-authorise the computer in ADE 3, and then re-authorise the computer, this allowed me to download the acsm file from the Library, I was then able to successfully transfer it to

the Kobo reader, Brilliant.

I am so excited about being able to download a book successfully, that I am keeping ADE 3 installed, until I can get the nerve to change it over to ADE 4.

Thanks very much again,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2014 Nov 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Had exactly the same problem, thanks very much for the tip about control shift E, it has worked for me as well !!  Shame the Kobo Help desk couldn't help......

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2014 Nov 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi;

Having the same problem.  I'm wondering if people having success are using their Adobe ID or Overdrive ID?

Thanks

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using Adobe ID

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was also using my Adobe ID

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You!

My library instructions were to use the Overdrive ID, which just did not work. After hours of trying various combinations,  I had to factory reset the Kobo, install Adobe Digital Editions 3.0, authorize Adobe 3.0 with Adobe ID, then connect the Kobo.  I was then able to drag and drop a library book to the Kobo in Adobe 3, and FINALLY I was able to open it on the Kobo with no error messages.

I will be letting the library know that their online instructions are incorrect, and that they should be instructing people to use Adobe ID and Adobe Digital Editions 3.0.  Life would have been so much simpler if I had known this from the start - I was all ready to return the Kobo.

Thanks for your help.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2016 Apr 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Kobo Glo, and have been having the exact same problems with library books, even though I go through Overdrive.  My ADE says 4.5.  I'm not very tech-savvy at all.  Can someone tell me if the above suggestions of removing Adobe 4(.5) and installing 3.0 would work for the Kobo Glo?  Would I lose my existing books?  I don't want to do factory reset precisely for that reason.

Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2016 May 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with my new Kobo glo HD. I never had an issue with my Sony PRS 600. I have tried all the suggestions and can clearly see that my kobo is authorized and am using ADE 3. I spoke by phone with library who suggested I bring reader and laptop in to them to see what they can do. I am going to give up after hours of fussing with this. . Good news is I have a 7" tablet with the overdrive app  and can read  borrowed books on it with no issues. It seems ridiculous to have to spend this much time on a technology issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here it is in 2020 and the same problem exists. Thanks so much, I have downloaded the now very old Version 3.0 and done the computer re-authorisation as suggested and all works well. Thank you, thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 16, 2016 Oct 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome. Using ADE3.0 did the trick for this error. Would have never tried downgrading if not for this post. Thank you so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank-you so much!  I was going out of my mind as to why it wasn't working.  I spent an hour last night doing almost all the resets.  I'm going to stick with ADE 3.0 until they fix the issue in ADE 4 as there doesn't appear to be much of a difference.  After all, if it ain't broke... I'm also going to let my library know as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2017 Apr 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKS!! Loading ADE 3.0 fixed my Kobo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've saved my sanity - thanks a lot!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. Just followed the direction of Jade4Paul above and it worked. I had tried 4.5 before with zero success. I hope someone from Adobe is reading this thread and they will fix it in 4.5.x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines