• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

URL link does not open in adobe digital editions.

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Used the program for months without any problems. Now when I downloaded the E-book URL acsm format open then Adobe digital editions program opens but nothing happens. No fault. messages and but no book also.  Normally the book is visual.

TOPICS
Download

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Outage with Digital Editions

I was having the same problem and found the fix.  See this link.  I was lucky because the fix for windows was to uninstall the ADE on my laptop and then I reinstalled it using the download link provided.  Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having the same problem.

i've deleted registry, uninstalled and installed the newest version of ade (alledgedly fixed): the authorization now seem correctly in place, but still the acsm file won't open. no error message whatsoever, just nothing happens.

any other hint?

thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what device you have.  I have a Kobo eReader.  All I did was uninstall ADE that was on my laptop and reinstalled the older version, ADE Version 4.5.7.182628.  I have not had any problems since.  I didn't touch anything else.  I just followed the instructions in this link Outage with Digital Editions   I hope you get it fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I don't have a previous version of ADE, my old pc broke and this is a new one. I didn't think of making a backup of installation files.

This is why I need the current version to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be a long shot but there is also Version 3 closer to the bottom of the page in this link

https://www.adobe.com/ca/solutions/ebook/digital-editions/download.html

I hear using version 3 has helped some people.

If that doesn't work, I'm all out of ideas. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just downloaded the latest update ADE 4.5.8.

Search feature FIXED

URL links STILL NOT FIXED (in fact they do not work at all now!!)

IN-BUILT navigation page cropping STILL NOT FIXED (strange zooming when clicking the in-biult navigation)

I have tried changing the button state to 'Inherit Zoom, Actual Size, and Fit Width' and ALL have had no effect! [SEE BELOW]

This is getting really frustrating for us as we're trying to complete an ePub for a well know global client and its starting to make us look bad and unprofessional!!

Screen Shot 2018-05-21 at 09.47.17.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-21 at 09.47.26.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-21 at 09.55.45.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-21 at 09.55.57.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-21 at 09.56.03.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue! I even tried to make acsm files default to open using the Adobe Digital ER, but it doesn’t show up on the application list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John, glad I'm not the only one! I'm getting my client and my boss breathing down my neck and we're stuck here at the mercy of Adobe until they fix it. NOT ON!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On my laptop, in Adobe Digital Edition, click add to library. Once done, you can open the book within ADE. The file does not seem to be able to be opened outside ADE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines