Highlighted

Using Adobe Digital Editions

New Here ,
May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Digital Editions immediately freezes up after I open it. Sometimes I can manage to load a book (acsm format) into it, but that's all. It doesn't fulfill and transfer to my ereader. It doesn't acknowledge the existence of my e-reader. ADE doesn't even let me close out of it. (I must use Task Manager to do that.) Possible solutions posted earlier in this forum include: 1) uninstall and reinstall ADE 2) deauthorize and reauthorize ADE 3) do each of those with each of the previous ADE versions 4) start ADE as an administrator 5) clear browser cache and all cookies, clean up hard drive, defragment, reboot. I believe I have done all of those in all possible orders and combinations. Nothing has worked. ADE is not usable on my computer and I can not use my ereader. Do you have any new potential solutions? I don't know of any way to convert acsm to epub other than ADE. Do you? Thank you.

TOPICS
ACSM files, ADE authorization, Deauthorization, Download, Install ADE, Kobo editions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Using Adobe Digital Editions

New Here ,
May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Digital Editions immediately freezes up after I open it. Sometimes I can manage to load a book (acsm format) into it, but that's all. It doesn't fulfill and transfer to my ereader. It doesn't acknowledge the existence of my e-reader. ADE doesn't even let me close out of it. (I must use Task Manager to do that.) Possible solutions posted earlier in this forum include: 1) uninstall and reinstall ADE 2) deauthorize and reauthorize ADE 3) do each of those with each of the previous ADE versions 4) start ADE as an administrator 5) clear browser cache and all cookies, clean up hard drive, defragment, reboot. I believe I have done all of those in all possible orders and combinations. Nothing has worked. ADE is not usable on my computer and I can not use my ereader. Do you have any new potential solutions? I don't know of any way to convert acsm to epub other than ADE. Do you? Thank you.

TOPICS
ACSM files, ADE authorization, Deauthorization, Download, Install ADE, Kobo editions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 11, 2020 1
OvidiuC LATEST
New Here ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same for me. Did you find any solution?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2020 0