Highlighted

what does this error message mean?

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm trying to download an ebook and I get this message on my PC. can anyone help fix it?

many thanks,

Hilla

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

what does this error message mean?

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm trying to download an ebook and I get this message on my PC. can anyone help fix it?

many thanks,

Hilla

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 17, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows:

Close all applications.
    Press WINDOWS + R.
    In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
    In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
    Remove the Adept Folder.
    In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.
    Close the Registry Editor.
    Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize..

Macintosh:

quit Adobe Digital Editions.
    Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.
    If you are using 10.7, see https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html
    Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 18, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I am using an iMac running High Sierra 10.13.6 and have this same problem having just download a number of books from Kobo.

I cannot find the file you are referring to in respect of Mac, a search of my iMac reports no such file and I have also looked for it 'the long way' without success.

I have 6 books that I am unable to import into Digital Editions 4.5.8.182914

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 18, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

Apologies but I gave some incorrect information my error message reads:

Unable to Download

Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem:

E_ADEPT_REQUEST_EXPIRED

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 18, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check Time, Data and Timezone.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 18, 2018 2
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nanaky

Not sure what your message was trying to tell me.  I'm in the UK.

However your message jogged my brain into action and I then deleted the original downloads and then started again!

This time everything worked perfectly, I now know that there is a 'time out' on the downloads, not sure why?

I purchased the books last night, but got diverted to something else so did not try putting the books into Editions until this morning, that is when the transfer fell over and the error message popped up.

So thank you for your cryptic clue, I was able to decipher what you were trying to tell me, for that I thank you.

Regards

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 18, 2018 0
Nanaky LATEST
LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes the error occurs by server problem. : ) This problem seems solved on the sever itself.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 18, 2018 0