Highlighted

Why does Adobe Digital Edition still exists?

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using this Adobe Digital Edition 4.5 for a while, and I think it's basically safe to say this is the crappiest software in 2018.

The software crushes basically every 2 mins (I am using Macbook Pro 2017) and becomes almost impossible to scroll down the pages. I used "almost" because sometime it gives you false hope of moving down 2 centimetres in 10 seconds and you secretly pray that this is not crushing again. When it crushes I have to force quit and reopen, and of course you have to memorize the page you were reading because obviously this thing is not keeping your history before it crushed.

I have been fine putting up with this software because, well it's free. But it's significant hurting my reading experience and I couldn't even finish a book of 200 pages in 3 months. It's so painful that I am willing to register an account on Adobe and spend 10 mins writing this just to tell you how much this software sucks.

The only reason I am using this software is because the book I am reading can only be opened with this tool. But honestly, I would be astonished if even one person is in Adobe is even developing & supporting this software.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Why does Adobe Digital Edition still exists?

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using this Adobe Digital Edition 4.5 for a while, and I think it's basically safe to say this is the crappiest software in 2018.

The software crushes basically every 2 mins (I am using Macbook Pro 2017) and becomes almost impossible to scroll down the pages. I used "almost" because sometime it gives you false hope of moving down 2 centimetres in 10 seconds and you secretly pray that this is not crushing again. When it crushes I have to force quit and reopen, and of course you have to memorize the page you were reading because obviously this thing is not keeping your history before it crushed.

I have been fine putting up with this software because, well it's free. But it's significant hurting my reading experience and I couldn't even finish a book of 200 pages in 3 months. It's so painful that I am willing to register an account on Adobe and spend 10 mins writing this just to tell you how much this software sucks.

The only reason I am using this software is because the book I am reading can only be opened with this tool. But honestly, I would be astonished if even one person is in Adobe is even developing & supporting this software.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 16, 2019 1

Have something to add?