• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is my device not visable in Adobe digital editions?

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded ebooks before using Adobe Digital editions using my device Gobii ereader. However when I downloaded ebooks today, opening Adobe digital editions my device is not visable.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2015 Nov 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its you reader on this list: Adobe Digital Publishing Solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That link does not work. I am looking to find out if a Kobo Wifi ereader is supported. According to Kobo it is. When I open ADE I do not see the device list in the top left. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADE doesn't recognize devices connected in MTP mode

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2015 Nov 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Sony Pocket PRS-350 reader which appears in the list of supported options, however when I connect not to ADE 'Devices' does not even appear so I cannot upload the purchased book to it - any thoughts please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you try with the software of Sony?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Sony software do you mean please - if you mean Reader for Mac, it no longer supports the Sony PRS-350

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was you reader recognized of you Macintosh?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you mean was it recognised in 'Finder', yes it is/was and required ejecting properly,

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Digital edition do you used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 4.5

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the case you can only move the files over the finder to the reader. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to drag the book into the Finder but it will not allow it - is this what you mean.

Otherwise would you kindly explain - is it as simple as the fact that ADE does not support the Sony PRS-350.

Thank you

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When happen exactly when you try the ebook over the finder transfer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At last ­ if I Right Click the Book in the Adobe Digital Editions and then

Click on ¹Show File In Finder¹ it then lets me drag it from there into the

Reader via the Finder if this makes sense,

Thank you for all of your assistance.

Regards.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not my first time doing this. I have successfully downloaded books onto my ereader before using Adobe digital edition. This is the first time not seeing my device. How did it work before and not now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recognizes your device the reader itself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same exact thing is happening to me. My Kobe screen says it's connected, but it's not showing up on my computer or adobe. I'm pretty frustrated 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I get some help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have ADE downloaded and am trying to use it to load books to a Kobo Wifi ereader. Kobo says this ereader is still supported by ADE. When I open ADE is does not show the devices readable. I am uploading two pictures with two snapshots of when devices are shown and what I see. Is this possible because the device it not supported anymore? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe support community,

When I connect my Kobo h2o with my Apple computer, it is shown in my Finder. But ADE does not show a device. I already tried: different usb-slot, different cable, connecting first then opening ADE (and other way around), calling Kobo helpdesk (they say Kobo reader works fine, maybe it's ADE), restoring factory setting on Kobo, reinstalling ADE, de-autherice computer, re-autherice computer.. Nothing works.

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, very annoying, I see the problem is not solved yet. Using the Kobe lybra 2 with .acsm from our library books is next to impossible because of this poor integration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after connecting and disconnecting with ADE open and closed the reader now shows as 'device'. I have most success when first opening ADE and then connecting the Lybra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you transfer titles to an ereader  (like a NOOK or Kobo), make sure it's connected to your computer before you open Adobe Digital Editions (ADE). When an ereader is recognized by ADE, you'll see it in ADE under "Devices"

regards: https://smokerschef.com/best-propane-gas-smoker/.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines