• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WINDOWS 10 AND ADOBE DIGITAL

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Tablet operates Windows 10. I have downloaded Adobe Digital 4.5 to enable to read e-books. For some reason when  I download my vendors books the URLLink is Notepad and  the translation is gobbley-de-gook. How do I change the URLLink from Notepad to something that will give me  a readable document? I have tried a test book and that seems to be readable. It is my vendors books that I am unable to read.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what is the file extensions of the ebooks you are downloading? Adobe Digital supports EPUB, EPUB3 and PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Borrow Box are using EPUB.

When I go to:  “Download for eReader (Adobe ePUB)” I receive an instruction that asks me  the following:

“What do you want to do with: “URLLink.acsm (1.7KB)?

‘From: acs-fulfillment.borrowbox.com”  “OPEN  SAVE CANCEL

When I “OPEN” the system I get:  URLLINK (5) Notepad. But the book will not open.  

It would be really good if the problem I have could be resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. In the search bar at the bottom of the screen, type "Default programs" and select the result with the  icon.
  2. Click Choose default apps by file type.
  3. Scroll down and select the EPUB file type. 
  4. The extension should be set to "Adobe Digital Editions." If it's set to a different app, click on the app to view other options.
  5. Select Adobe Digital Editions from the list of recommended programs.
  6. Click OK, then close to save the changes.
  7. Try downloading the title again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.6 on my Tablet. When I go to my vendors site and read a book on "Trial".  I have no problem! But, when I download a book to "My Account" and then "download" it to read the book opens in "Notepad" and I am unable to read it. I have uninstalled Adobe Digital Editions in the hope it would remove the problem and allow me to start from scratch. This does not work.

Please accept my appreciation the people on the Forum are offering. I find the process very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you are not having an Adobe issue, this is a Windows issue. Your tablet is opening the files on notepad as a default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Garbage In. Garbage Out. Thank you for your assistance. I will forget the whole matter and not bother any further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines