• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Won't really download my Digital Editions for my textbook

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried downloading my Digital editions with both Windows and MacIntosh and they say that the downloads were successful. However, when I try to download and open my textbook, it only shows the ghost of a window opening before it closes completely and acts like it was never there. I can't figure out what to do and I'm missing assignments as we speak. The support hasn't been much help, I've been in a chatroom, just waiting, for an hour after being transferred so I'm just flailing trying to find a solution. Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

I found out the solution. Apparently there was an error with the textbook itself on the other website. I received information to download it in a work-around sort of way and it’s working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

From your description, it sounds like you downloaded Digital Editions, but not installed it. Please ensure you've installed Digital Editions and authorised it with any VendorID if required. The eBook file will never open without having Digital Editions installed.

In the worse case, where a genuine error with Digital Editions occurs, you can access your ePub eBook on several mobile Apps. I recommend BlueFire for Android/iOS, and Aldiko as well for Android. They accept AdobeID for DRM in the settings. It's not perfect, but at least you can get reading ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found out the solution. Apparently there was an error with the textbook itself on the other website. I received information to download it in a work-around sort of way and it’s working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines