Highlighted

Folio producer not working today?

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Yesterday I was accessing to Folio Producer tools from my free acrobat account without problems, but today it seems that it doest work...

When I right-click any document and select the option "Open document"  the document is not open by Folio Producer.

Is anybody experimenting same problems?

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Folio producer not working today?

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Yesterday I was accessing to Folio Producer tools from my free acrobat account without problems, but today it seems that it doest work...

When I right-click any document and select the option "Open document"  the document is not open by Folio Producer.

Is anybody experimenting same problems?

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the same boat. And then I downloaded the new version 1.1 and it's totally screwed my InDesign. crashes everytime I try and preview or upload the folio...

Anyone else know what's going on?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be possible for you to send me the following file:  /Library/Logs/Adobe/Installers/Digital Publishing 1.1.0.337 06-13-2011.log.gz  (or similar dated log archive)?

thanks,

Frank

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only found 1.0.1 logs on my system.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue.

Also, takes muuuuuch longer than it used to to load new articles, mainly with video links.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, this still seems to not have been fixed.

I cannot manage or open any folios on Acrobat.com, and upload and download times have increased, and I am getting "Cannot INstall This Item" messages when downloading my existing folios.

Dear Adobe,

• is there an outage you are aware of that is being worked on?
  • can you provide an update?
  • is there a service update page for us to keep up to date?

A sticky post from Adobe at the top of this forum would be really helpful....

Thanks, JB

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you seeing this error message "Cannot Install Item"?  From the ipad content viewer?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frank, thanks...

Yes, occasionally I get this on the iPad viewer.

However the most significant outage for me right now is that the acrobat.com itself does not display a folio's content when I double click on it. The grid views or thumbnail views never load. The bottom right corner displays a progress wheel for a while, then it stops, but the folios themselves never display. The articles are still visible in the panel view within Indesign CS5.5. Tested on both Safari and Firefox on 2 different iMacs. I also upgraded to a paid version of acrobat.com to test this with 2 or 3 new folios. This all was working fine 2 days ago.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will not be able to open folios directly from acrobat.com anymore. If you are a Digital Publishing subscriber, you can work with your folios through the Folio Producer tool at https://digitalpublishing.acrobat.com/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am VERY confused, and I have been in DPS pre-release for a year now.

"You will not be able to open folios directly from acrobat.com anymore"????

What then is the purpose of acrobat.com?

I thought the whole point of the acrobat.com workflow was for designers  to design, arrange, label, prepare and test content and work with folios, and then to hand this work off for  publishers who subscribe to DPS to actually publish these folios  commercially.

How can I, as a designer working with the DPS tools, organize a folio without being able to open it in acrobat.com? How can I test articles and an issue's navigation on my iPad without managing it on acrobat.com? How can I test HTML content without being able to arrange a folio and related articles? And why was this working 2 days ago?

Are you saying that using acrobat.com is ONLY meant for DPS subscribers now? What's the difference between my acrobat.com workspaces, which I just paid for, and https://digitalpublishing.acrobat.com/?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The digital publishing tools use the acrobat.com architecture to store folios on the web. However, acrobat.com was never intended to be used for editing folios. It was accidentally left open as a backdoor method for non-subscribers to open the Folio Producer Editor. The intended entry point for the web client is digitalpublishing.acrobat.com. Only subscribers should be able to edit folios on the web. Non-subscribers should use the Folio Builder panel.

Unfortunately, the Folio Builder panel does not include a way to re-order articles. The plan is for an upcoming version of the tools to allow this. Until then, the best way to re-order articles is to use the sidecar.xml import method.

Subscribing to acrobat.com allows you to create multiple folios.

Sent from my iPad

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bob B. I always appreciate your clarifications! This helps clear up the situation.

I understand about the accidental backdoor being closed, the impact of this should be low once the folio builder panel can re-order the articles in a folio, producing and testing folios via acrobat.com should work fine.

To rearrange articles in the meantime, what I did is to delete all articles and re-import them in the sequence needed. I didn't think of the sidecar.xml import method for drop12 and assume I missed that in the documentation somewhere, my bad. I used it in drop 8,9 etc.

Perhaps a heads up sticky post in the forum from the relevant folks outlining the fact that the folio producer editor function was only accidentally available and about to be shut down may have eased some folks consternation at the apparent "outage" since Monday. Today's subsequent announcements from others were rather curt and short of detail, but I feel more at ease now that you've explained what happened with a little context. Thanks again...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Bob!

You know my opinion: The Folio Producer Panel is in no way comparable to the way we changed order and metadata on acrobat.com.

I hope the UX guys working on the Folio Producer Panel boost it up, soon, showing thumbnails and a few more buttons, like "update".

—Johannes

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Bob:

I'm able to login to https://digitalpublishing.acrobat.com/  and I can see the Folio Producer link (under the Analytics) but it is shown grayed out, that means, I'm not able to access it and edit my articles netiher sort them... I have already created my publications using the Folio Producer for InDesign CS5 and share it with some other people so they can download it on the Adobe Content Viewer on the iPad..

How can I enable this link to perform these required tasks?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I look into this, let me ask a question. Are you a subscriber to the Digital Publishing Suite?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Bob:

Yes, because when I login, I'm able to watch the DPS sections (Services and Help) but the options are disabled, Onminute, Folio Producer... I am only able to click on the Download Updates section.

Leo

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to what I've been told, if you work for a publisher that subscribes to the Digital Publishing Suite, you can be provisioned with a Creative account. With a Creative account, you can create multiple folios, and you can sign in to the Dashboard. However, you cannot use the Folio Producer tools to edit or publish folios. Doing so requires a different account. Can you speak with your admin about using an Adobe ID that lets you edit and publish?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be possible for you to send me the following file:  /Library/Logs/Adobe/Installers/Digital Publishing 1.1.0.337 06-13-2011.log.gz  (of course I'm assuming you are working on a mac)?

thanks,

Frank

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines