Highlighted

New Simplified DPS License

Participant ,
Dec 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any more information/posting on the simplified pricing structure (elimination of download fulfillments) online besides the email I received today (and duplicate message on the stays page)?

Thanks!

As mentioned on the status page: "For additional information, please contact your Adobe representative or reseller near the end of the term of your agreement". Your Adobe rep or reseller is always the best source of information regarding pricing and your DPS contract as they best know how DPS fits in with your business.

Neil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

New Simplified DPS License

Participant ,
Dec 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any more information/posting on the simplified pricing structure (elimination of download fulfillments) online besides the email I received today (and duplicate message on the stays page)?

Thanks!

As mentioned on the status page: "For additional information, please contact your Adobe representative or reseller near the end of the term of your agreement". Your Adobe rep or reseller is always the best source of information regarding pricing and your DPS contract as they best know how DPS fits in with your business.

Neil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not aware of any more information than what's in the announcement. If you have specific questions, please contact your rep.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bob & Neil for the response. Just didn't know if there was any more info released to review prior to contacting MEI.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind linking to this announcement? I'm having difficulty finding it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Message isn't showing on the status page anymore. (which I thought was an odd place for it to be) but here is the email:

"Effective December 1, 2014 Adobe is simplifying DPS licensing with the removal of download fulfillments and moving to a per app license model. The new license will have a fixed price per app fee for the term of the agreement regardless of fulfillment usage. As part of this improvement, we are removing the download counter and disabling the fulfillment warning expiration messaging. No services or features will be affected by the new pricing model.

All customer agreements will remain in place. For additional information, please contact your Adobe representative or reseller near the end of the term of your agreement. Customers who entered into a multi-year agreement and agreed to purchase download fulfillment bundles each year are still obligated to purchase those bundles at the price and schedule specified in the agreement. If customers exceed their current fulfillment bundle agreement going forward, they will not need to purchase additional fulfillments.

Please feel free to reach out to us anytime to discuss this new pricing model. We wish you tremendous success in 2015 as we continue to innovate on the Adobe Digital Publishing Suite.

-The DPS Team"

Personally I view this a big positive. The extra download fees were always a hiccup when discussing DPS - have a few clients that I'll most likely end up signing once I get the details from my reseller.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, that's why we're introducing simplified pricing for new customers. It removes fees based on fulfillment volume and instead charges for each app created with DPS.  This new simplified pricing is designed so that license fees paid will be approximately the same as under existing agreements. There are no changes to existing contracts.

As Neil said, if you have any questions, please contact your DPS sales representative.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, my fullfillments account is getting low. Do I need to buy another package to be able to publish the next issue of my magazine? DPS-PRO contract ends in October 2015.

My sales rep says that he can't solicit a straight answer from Adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes, you need to purchase additional Fulfillments if you run out. Let me know who you purchased your DPS Pro license from. It may be possible to change your license agreement to a Per App model now which would eliminate the need to purchase more Fulfillments.

thanks,

Mike Z

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
tbpahmed LATEST
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe reseller said they have not received anything from Adobe.

I Am not sure why is it very difficult to have a clear official message from Adobe to its customers. If you believe your resellers should do the job for whatever reason, sure, just have them prepared.

The state of confusion we are all in at the moment is not a good thing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys -

Is there a "ballpark" (or MSRP) cost on a per app basis? I don't see anything on the site?.

Or must all pricing be received by contacting the reseller channel?

Please advise...

Thanks

Mike

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All pricing must come from resellers or an Adobe Sales rep as they know how to best match your needs to what the various options are. You can fill in the form at Adobe | Request for consultation to have someone contact you.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Neil,

is it right, that every download-package comes with an unique price? And if it´s like this: What factors are relevant for the pricing?

Or is it part of the DPS-License?

Thank you very much,

Lars

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lars,

I'm afraid I'm going to give the same answer as I gave above. You need to contact your reseller or request a consultation via the link I posted above. They'll be able to walk through pricing with you.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

ok, thank you.

Lars

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have filled in the form at Adobe | Request for consultation  5 days ago and i didn't received any replay on the new simplified pricing structure.Does anyone know what will be the cost per app and if there are any factors that may affect the price.I have purchased my DPS Pro account from the web site of adobe in 2013 and its a month by month subscription.Αny help will be appreciated.Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines