• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3 text objects - one displays and renders correctly

Participant ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each text object has identical properties, with differing colors. Only the third one displays in Dimension and is rendered to .psd correctly. 

My only idea is to do each one separately. But I would like them as one graphic in Photoshop and Premiere Pro. 

Follow The Sand, a 5-year movie plan: Wholeo 2024
TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Next change the font to "Phosphate"

mystery solved

using a non standard font = you have to do some of the thinking and tell Dimension what parts of the text to rendor or your system just has to make a guess at what you want

Screenshot (873).png

example files

p.s, next time just share the file mate

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you  have 3 different text object in Dn and render that file to PSD.? You can merge 3d layers in Ps and export one file for Pro. Did you try that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. However, I guess I wasn't clear that the problem was in Dimension. I found a workaround which was to modify the third text object that actually worked and rendered. I made three Dimension files using text 3. One for each line of text. It solves the problem for me. But it still would be nice to know how to do it in a single Dimension file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you can use "Export Selected Model" option for expoting each text separetely as 3d file. You have to use Export=> Selected model or Publish button on the top right. In my example I have two seperate text object and each one can be exported seperately if you selected them seperately.

Screenshot 2020-11-15 164156.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's good info. But it doesn't answer the problem. Maybe we should close this question since two people now have not understood what I said. I'll repeat it here and see if somehow I can reword it to communicate better. "Each text object has identical properties, with differing colors. Only the third one displays in Dimension and is rendered to .psd correctly." Start a new Dimension project. Import a background image as a guide. Make one text object and change the text to "First". Make another text object and change the text to "Breathe". Make a third text object and change the text to "Out". Next change the font to "Phosphate" and change position, and other properties of "Out". Now change the other two text objects to have similar properties. Only "Out" has depth and displays in 3D correctly. "First" and "Breathe" do not. They are just flat ordinary letters. I am inserting the photo here again that shows the difference.firstBreatheOutDnTextProblem.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to say that I can hide the background image. Or delete it. It has no affect on the texts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Next change the font to "Phosphate"

mystery solved

using a non standard font = you have to do some of the thinking and tell Dimension what parts of the text to rendor or your system just has to make a guess at what you want

Screenshot (873).png

example files

p.s, next time just share the file mate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines