Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3d object for Dimension

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I'm a bag designer and new to Dimension.  I normally create my designs in Illustrator, but would love some advice as the best 3d model software to use to export into Dimension.

Can anyone suggest some options?

Many thanks!

Chris

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Please review my youtube video about suppoerted file types. In my  Dn playlist also you can find more information about Dimension.

It depend what kind of design you are doing. If you are doing packaging design it better to use Blender, Microsoft 3d Buider, 3d MAX. If ou are doing Fashion Design better to use Marvelous Designer, Zbrush.etc. If you are familar with Photoshop you can create 3d model in Ps. Illustrator you can use for creating images for importing as Material or images(decal) for your 3d object in Dimension.

What is your main task?

https://youtu.be/sLV7qYxHVlE 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ares,

Thanks for your update I'll check out your link, I'm wanting to build a 3d model of bags to import into Dimension to render.

Thanks

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines