Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D pdf

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

We are looking for a 3D tool that would allow us to add artwork onto packaging items but, most essentially, that allows to export 3D interactive PDFs so that we can move the item around and check it out from all sides (like IC 3D does, for example).

Do you confirm whether we can do it or not with Dimension? If not, do you believe it is going to be possible in a future update?

Thanks for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Dimension does not currently export to 3D PDF.  You can share and vote on ideas here:  Adobe Dimension CC Feedback Portal

Here is the link directly for exporting 3D PDF idea:  Create 3d .pdf files – Adobe Dimension CC Feedback Portal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dimension does not currently export to 3D PDF.  You can share and vote on ideas here:  Adobe Dimension CC Feedback Portal

Here is the link directly for exporting 3D PDF idea:  Create 3d .pdf files – Adobe Dimension CC Feedback Portal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First I want to display a 3D image on pdf. I want to display a box by clicking on any object on the pdf and showing the information of the object. There will be text in this box but these operation should  not be a video in the pdf. I need to be able to control these things with the mouse. Can I do all this with "Adobe Illustrator"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would recommend Boxshot 5 and its supporting app Origami, by Apps for life. Works great with Illustrator too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would but even the link to the feedback portal doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not some thing Dimension can do now = correct

is it possible i.e, could the code be added to a Pdf to allow it = yes... its actually pretty easy

will it happen = prob not, because Pdf is a standard and the world would have to agree to change that standard in order to allow it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Boxshot 3D  (By Appsforlife) will export to 3D PDFs. They also make Origami, a plugin for Adobe Illustrator that will link flat packaging nets drawn in Adobe Illustrator and fold them up (including the design images) while linked on the fly with both apps open (with options to select board thickness and corrugated end textures). Origami also exports to 3D PDF files, but bringing the models into Boxshot allows greater control over lighting and scene set ups (shadows/reflections/materials etc). I use both all the time. I briefly looked at Adobe Dimensions as I was interested in the condensation effects on glass, and tested the beta. But Dimensions doesn't match Origami/Boxshot's folding net support. Simple apps to learn too especially for packaging designers/producers. And cheaper than Cinema 4D or Esko (in cost and time to become expert). I would recommend if you need to create quick 3D visuals (or 3D PDFs) of packaging for presentations. Boxshot also includes sets of pre-built 3D models (bottles, cartons etc - even tablet device and phones). Take a look at the Appsforlife site.  The real challenge is getting Acrobat (Reader or Pro) to reliably open 3D PDFs. I don't think Adobe have updated the 3D software engine in Acrobat for decades - hence the problem. Strange as they have brought Dimensions back to life, you would think they would ensure that you could export and open 3d PDFs. What am I thinking, Adobe can't get Illustrator to work properly on the new Apple Mac Silicon machines (even after they told me to buy one to keep CC apps updated and working). Dimensions 1 & 2 came out in the 90s. Adobe canned it in 2004 but didn't match the 3D features that were folded into Illustrator. Looks like they are still playing catch up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i agree with most of your post but just to be clear, Dimensions and Dimension are two very different Adobe apps that have zero to do with each other

Dimension came to life because Adobe gabbed a company called Mixamo which made fuse... the staff from that company got their 3D software working on Mac which is why Adobe noticed them i.e, staff that know how Mac works is why that all happened

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My solution; I'm on a Mac, is to record your screen, Cmd+Shift_5, while you orbit you object in Dimension using the short cut, in the Quicktime option you can select to record partial of the screen or entire screen, so it will not show your orbit tool.

Then, in my case I droppe the video into Adobe Express-an online tool, and made a gif out of it.

here is my results https://yasirsalah.com/multi-wall-bags

let me know if this works for you.

yasir

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines