Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

3D pdf

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

We are looking for a 3D tool that would allow us to add artwork onto packaging items but, most essentially, that allows to export 3D interactive PDFs so that we can move the item around and check it out from all sides (like IC 3D does, for example).

Do you confirm whether we can do it or not with Dimension? If not, do you believe it is going to be possible in a future update?

Thanks for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018
Dimension does not currently export to 3D PDF.  You can share and vote on ideas here:  Adobe Dimension CC Feedback Portal Here is the link directly for exporting 3D PDF idea:  Create 3d .pdf files – Adobe Dimension CC Feedback Portal

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dimension does not currently export to 3D PDF.  You can share and vote on ideas here:  Adobe Dimension CC Feedback Portal

Here is the link directly for exporting 3D PDF idea:  Create 3d .pdf files – Adobe Dimension CC Feedback Portal

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First I want to display a 3D image on pdf. I want to display a box by clicking on any object on the pdf and showing the information of the object. There will be text in this box but these operation should  not be a video in the pdf. I need to be able to control these things with the mouse. Can I do all this with "Adobe Illustrator"?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

not some thing Dimension can do now = correct

is it possible i.e, could the code be added to a Pdf to allow it = yes... its actually pretty easy

will it happen = prob not, because Pdf is a standard and the world would have to agree to change that standard in order to allow it

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines