• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

4+ hours "Estimating.." then crashed - can't get Dimension file to render

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a graphic designer with minimal knowlege of 3D rendering - Adobe Dimension has been the perfect solution for me so far - I've been able to set a camera angle to an perfectly match an image of a shelf that I'm setting up mutiple 3D products onto and easily apply graphics onto the surface of those graphics. I'm trying to set up this file for print - so my canvas size is fairly large ( 4000+ px) and in total there are 80 objects on this one canvas. I knew I would be in for a longer render time, but after 4+ hours of the program "Estimating..", then locking up and crashing - I'm worried I won't be able to render out what I need in time. ( I have 5 similar canvases in total)

I have a work around I really don't want to use if I don't have to since it's very time consuming and the quality is poor -- is there a way to get my complex Dimension files to render?? 

The workaround I have lined up:

• Export a .obj file from Dimension
  • Open in Cinema 4D Lite
  • Attempt to match the camera angle from the Dimension file manually
  • Import the .c4d file into Adobe After Effects
  • Render out still frame into photoshop file
TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Import and export , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Working on a 2021 Macbook Pro with 32GB ram

Was able to contact Adobe Support this morning and was instructed to open up my Mac's Privacy settings and give Dimension 1) full disk access and 2) accessibility - I then restarted my computer and that seems to have done the trick!

It's slow going but I'm seeing a progress bar and render progress 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the real workaround would be to use a better Ryzen desktop with plenty of Ram [32+] or another option is to 1/2 the canvas down to 2000 px

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working on a 2021 Macbook Pro with 32GB ram

Was able to contact Adobe Support this morning and was instructed to open up my Mac's Privacy settings and give Dimension 1) full disk access and 2) accessibility - I then restarted my computer and that seems to have done the trick!

It's slow going but I'm seeing a progress bar and render progress 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes it will be very low and will also frag the harddrive because your Mac needs more ram than the 32G it has to rendor this file but if you can't replace the system then at least you can run a defrag after doing your rendors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines