I'm working with an in-house agency and we're trying to implement Adobe Dimension into the Designer's workflow. We have a few needs for packaging vis if anyone has tackled these yet.
1. Is there a way to set up a local server for our meshes to pull from the sidebar rather than the cloud?
2. Is there a way to stack art files for switching without reimporting (multi flavors)
3. We would like to show 4 sides of a design and without animation, can we have 4 meshes with a single material for updating?
A nice to have for future builds:
4. Do you have animation or multi-camera switching in your updates list?
Any help/input is appreciated.
Hi Jarrod! In general I recommend checking out our feedback portal to see what is actively being planned, worked on, or investigated. Adobe Dimension CC Feedback Portal Here are the answers to your questions:
1. No, there is no way to add your own assets to the Starter Assets or Libraries panels at the moment. You can drag-n-drop from your local file browser. Vote/Comment on the idea: Import / Add Custom Items to Assets – Adobe Dimension CC Feedback Portal
2. No, at the moment there's no way to do colorways or variation switching. Our next release will supported layered graphics on models so you could swap them that way. This is something we've heard a bit about but hasn't officially been posted as an idea. Feel free to add your suggestion to the site!
3. If you mean you want to have one object control 4 copies, you can do this. Make one object, then use Edit > Copy, Edit > Paste as Instance. Instanced copies of meshes will all update together. See the .gif. More instance/symbol management is something we have planned for the future.
4. We have camera bookmarks currently which you can use to save different views. In the next version of Dimension you'll be able to render from multiple camera views at once using a rendering queue system. In the future we definitely would like to expand this to basic animation such as camera turnarounds and object turntables. Here are the animation related ideas you can browse to vote/comment on: Animation– Adobe Dimension CC Feedback Portal
Thank you so much Jeanette! I appreciate your feedback and will check the portal, and respond to our team.