• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add custom model to models library.

Participant ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I add my custom model to AD? I don't want to import it but add to models library forever on left hand side in Adobe Dimmension. I can't find this option inside top menu bar. I tried to add my model to the folder "\Adobe Dimension CC\resources\common\scene-assets\models\primitives\MY_MODEL_FOLDER_NAME" it works but thumb is not showing Is there no other option to do it using program interface?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!  Dimension's asset panel is not designed to be imported to at the moment.  It's static content that will be replaced each time we update Dimension so if you put your own content into the folder it will be deleted with a new install.  We have plans to improve asset management in Dimension, but currently there's no way to permanently add to the library.

I recommend checking our Feedback & Voting​ site.  This idea has been posted and you can vote, track progress, and get status updates there.  Here's a link to the idea for adding custom assets to Dimension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ohhhh, It's too bad OK, so I waiting for update. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is this still unable to save my .obj files on dimension permanently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now you can! I checked few minutes ago. YEAH!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

omg how do i do it?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do You have latest version? Just check under File (top menu), there is option "import 3D". Check the photo below dimension.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Import 3D does NOT add your models to Dimension's Asset panel permanently.  That is just importing the document to your scene for use in your current project.

There is currently no approved way to add models to the Asset panel.  Technically it is just a folder in the Application resources so you can drop models in there, but they will be overwritten when you install a new version as it's part of our installation process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this still not been addressed? Adobe Dimension seems "neat" but hardly practical for production purposes if you cannot save your models in a library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can save your models in a Photoshop library if you need a backup of the model in Obj format

you still can not add models to Dimension [without hacking the ui] or as Dimension usable library files... to be clear, images are allowed but not models

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe still hasn't fixed this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would be great if Adobe could add this option. Would be a great improvement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe did add this option guys

Screenshot (181).pngScreenshot (182).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I belive they removed that function agin. 😞 
Adobe can you please make this work for us, would help Alot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my - I already thaught I am insane because I could not make it work again. I am searching the interwebs since 2 hrs to figure out whats wrong. I hope they bring it back in. Its a pain i d a to export and import all the time especially when you are experimenting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't work at the moment! Why Adobe? 😞
Please we need that. >> Update please. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm selecting models in my dimension canvas, but the + at the bottom of my custom CC Library (showin in your screenshot) is greyed out. I've tried multiple files and nothing. 

The models I'm using are purchased right from Adobe Stock. I open them in Dimension, color, texture, and label them. I want to save that into my CC Library. Any idea how (or when) we can do this? Would streamline my work across the 3D team greatly! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this is interesting. As I mentioned, I'm purchasing my models right from Adobe Stock. Once purchased, I can click save to library within the model's page on AdobeStock.com and it'll save to my CC Library. This is only half a solution for me though, because it's just adding the naked model into my CC Library. I'd like to color, label, texture these models and THEN add them into my CC Library. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2023 Jul 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! Is there anything new about this feature to permanently add our own 3d models to the library / assets? Any timeline about adding this? It would be really great to have this (small but handy) feature. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines