• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Dimension 3.4.7 installed, but Under info it says 3.4.6 Warning Not logged in warning triangle

Participant ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Mac Studio w/M1 chip, running Adobe Dimension 3.4.7

I get a orange warning triangle with an exclamion mark, on top right on the app.next to Lear and Share arrow.

"You're Not Logged In" (Features that require being logged into Creative Cloud are unavailable intil you sign in).

I am logged into the Creative Cloud, I use other apps, and still use Dimension, but that warning has no explanation. I spent 2 hours with Adobe Tech, it was a waste of time, they shared my screen, insatlled and unistalled and many admistrative tricks, at the end he said try after 24 hours, if it doesn clear up give us a call. He thought it was the Adobe Dimension server needed to be cleared.

It has been 12 hours now.

I have AD 3.4.7  loaded on my older iMac  I do not get the warning Triangle?

On the CC under Versions-the Uninstall  points to 3.4.7, but under info it says 3.4.6,

on About Dimension it says 3.4.7?

Any One has this similar issue

thanks

Yasir

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Hi everyone!  Jeanette here, Product Manager in the 3D & Immersive org overseeing Dimesnion & Stager. 

Sincere apologies for this.  The build information is accurate in Creative Cloud and inside the application.  It is Dimension 3.4.7 and has all of the fixes from the release notes.  There is an external text file that contains meta data that controls the info read in app itself that was missed being updated.  This has no impact on the application functionality or data, it is simply an incorrect

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't such an issue. May be you can try to use  the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation issues?
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same issue in that help and about says 3.4.7 is installed but the Mac link says 3.4.6.
Make is imposiable to know if 3.4.7 is loaded which is an issue as there is a security varnilibility with versions older then 3.4.7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!  Jeanette here, Product Manager in the 3D & Immersive org overseeing Dimesnion & Stager. 

Sincere apologies for this.  The build information is accurate in Creative Cloud and inside the application.  It is Dimension 3.4.7 and has all of the fixes from the release notes.  There is an external text file that contains meta data that controls the info read in app itself that was missed being updated.  This has no impact on the application functionality or data, it is simply an incorrect label.  

---

@Yasir the Designer - The sign in issue should not have anything to do with the version issue.  Unfortunately it's difficult for our team to triage login issues as they are usually related to the account licensing and Creative Cloud services, not the application itself.

Our general recommendations are to try fully signing out of all applications, quitting Creative Cloud desktop, restarting the computer, relaunching Creative Cloud, and re-signing in.  This often clears some local data that can occasionally have gotten stale. 

The other thing to check is if you're installed on multiple devices.  https://account.adobe.com/activated-devices

You can use this site to check which devices are active.  Creative Cloud has a maximum of two devices that can be signed in at one time.  You can deactivate devices here which can sometimes clear an issue.  Unfortunately Dimension doesn't have in-app UI to manage sign-in and sign-out.

Senior Product Manager, 3D & Immersive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already tried, the log-in log-out, waited 24 hours, it's the same. At least there are two other users have the same issue, and I'm sure every M1 Mac user will have that issue. Are you suggesting they all do the same, even if it doesn't work?

if you can not duplicate the issue in your system because the issue is log-in to the CC, and not an application issue, then please let it be known to all users of Adobe Dimension so they won't waste other users time and tech support team, like I did 2 hours, and two other ours on my end. 
yasir. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my M1 I can use other products but not Deminision 3.4.7. 
The application opens but when I click create new it never does anything is it like the application is hung only when I exit. I can click other buttons but is it just the create new that is giving issues.  I do not have a file to edit to see if I can open an existing file. 
My Intel base Mac has no issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I got on my M1 this morning and saw the new document was up so I exited and tried agian and this time waited to see how long it takes to open an new document.  It took 9 minutes from clicking create new before it opened.  We have not rolled out many M1 computers yet but with Deminision before out of support I guess I will tell the M1 users this. 
Dimension has been discontinued and is no longer available for purchase. For alternative product suggestions, see Adobe Illustrator.

Does not solve the security risk for the Intel base systems, it needs to report the correct version, so we know our systems are compliant.   We have over 800 Mac computers in our environment, so we need to be able to track though JAMF.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually Dimension is working on my M1 Mac Studio, and it was last updated 2021, but

it was an error with M1 Mac Studio, running MacOS Monterey. I was advised Dimension will run normally and the version numbers mix was a miss on their end.

Here is what they wrote to me in Friday, Jan, 20th.

“ Sincere apologies for this.  The build information is accurate in Creative Cloud and inside the application.  It is Dimension 3.4.7 and has all of the fixes from the release notes.  There is an external text file that contains meta data that controls the info read in app itself that was missed being updated.  This has no impact on the application functionality or data, it is simply an incorrect label. ”

But I would like to address Adobe Tech: if you want to make it easy on users, either fix, or let it be known it is a bug and let you Dimension team know about it.

I spent 2 hours in the phone, and 2 more hours on my own to discover it was a bug.

You are wasting tech support time from taking other important calls, and users time wondering if they have the latest version and why the warning triangle is showing up constantly on M1 Mac users.

Did not have that issue on my intel 2015 iMac.

Yasir

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines