Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Dimension keeps freezing

Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I've been using Adobe Dimension much this week, and I often have some struggles because it freezes for no reason. Especially when I save or try to export the file. And then I can't even close the software, I have to to close it from the task manager.

What can be the problem?

Thanks !

TOPICS
Bug , Crash or freeze , Import and export , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you working from some kind of sync folder i.e, sharing the files across a network?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No i'm working localy, no sync files/folder used 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe Dimensions is just a laggy piece of...., just admit it. It freezes for no reason, just because and there is no autosave or recover.... and I am paying every month for this sh...t. Imagine someone selling you spoiled eggs or milk from time to time, saying: "it is, probably, because your house is too warm for that milk or eggs." But those eggs are already spoiled. That what adobe is doing. Adobe should pay us for using it's laggy software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share your system config and file through cloud to test. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the system config :

Operating System: Windows 10 Professionnel 64-bit (10.0, Build 19041) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz (20 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 32768MB RAM

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER

Dedicated Memory: 8011 MB

(The file is above the 47Mb size limit, how to share it?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to share a Dn file with Adobe you have to zip... see https://community.adobe.com/t5/dimension/3d-trapez/td-p/11872117

your system has 32G ram and a I9... are you running a liquid cooler to keep it from cooking?

also apart from at save file time which is normally permission but could also be Ram, are you aware of any standard time for the freese i.e, always at 50% or always when you try to stack more than a single rendor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip ! here's the link for my model :

Dimension Project 

For now I don't force much on the system, i'm still very gentle 

Just after opening the file, it charges the background image, then stops there, and I can't move the camera or anything. The mouse can move all the way along, but no matter where I click, nothing happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to open your file and operate with my mouse. Also I capture task manager that shows "system are not under overload.

I am on Redeon RX 580, 4GB ,   i5 10400, System Mem 16 GB, SSD 1 TB

It take time to load your file, but I can't see object in Scene Panel? I am able to operate with my mouse.

2021-03-22_21-53-18.png

Then I try to Import your file as 3D Object into Dn and get this. I think your file consist of many object and is complex. 

2021-03-22_22-06-19 b.png

2021-03-22_22-08-51t.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your time. Yes me too when opening the file, not all the 3D is charged. 

Is there any reason for that? (I restarted everything from scratch but I would like to understand what's the problem..)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that the reason is in Dn as it not almost utilize system possibilities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's telling that 16G Ram isn't enough to fully open the file

I would open up the models one at a time in Photoshop (or whatever) generate a new 512 UV map and export as standard wavefront Obj... That should drastically reduce the amount of Ram needed to load them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines