• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Dimension won't open

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the app but can't open it on my computer.  This is my system specs:

screenshot.jpg

Assistance appreciated.  Thanks!

TOPICS
Hardware , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

In our next planned update we are removing system requirements as a blocking factor.  We are testing that version now and you're welcome to join the Dimension CC Prerelease to get early access to that build and try it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transformable hybrid laptop/tablet devices like the Envy and Surface Book and machines with integrated graphics cards have variable amounts of VRAM.  Since there isn't a dedicated GPU + VRAM the OS basically determines how much of the RAM should be reported as VRAM.  Dimension requires 512 MB VRAM as a minimum and not meeting that minimum blocks the app from launching.  We are working on changing the requirements to only warn instead of block.  In the mean time there is no Adobe approved method for changing system reported VRAM as it requires editing the registry which is not something we can officially recommend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer follows.

Adobe JM's hands are tied because w/o the right blend of software engineering and legal support the solution to problem is not officially  publishable because of potential liability - see later (bare in mind its a problem that has been rumbling on since last October).

This is a real shame because MANY subscribers have made MANY posts about possessing high powered h/w and Dimension still refuses them entry.

The deal is, Dimension looks for a subset of the graphic cards out there that can support e.g. if you have the latest Nvidia card it will work BUT if you have a suitable alternative card and memory Dimension s/w won't bother to find out.

All you have to do do is this -

1) Type regedit in the Win 10 search box

2) Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Intel\GMM - kind of like you would in file explorer

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/graphics/ReleaseNotes_GFX_15_36_21_4222.pd...

3) Figure out the menus to create a REG_DWORD value named “DedicatedSegmentSize” (it will make sense when you get there, have faith - this is not going to change your PC badly)

4) Now the crucial bit, make the value of your new “DedicatedSegmentSize” 512mb . Again, mess with the menus until you get the option to enter a decimal (Mb) value, then type in 512.

(Only because 512 is a kind of trigger number of VRAM Adobe Dimension wants to hear before it will run - Dimension could  be configured differently but you can understand Adobe leaning on the side of caution.

Dimension CC system requirements

Now you are done, restart your PC and it will work.

One warning - this will will make Dimensions work but if you do a lot of rendering - presumably you know what that this if you want to use this software - it means your CPU will get hot. Keep an eye on it, under no circumstances leave your device unattended. If it over heats this is at your own risk, its unlikely, but you do  have the option to switch things off if they get too hot.

Don't worry, the likely outcome is that you got to use and render in Dimensions when otherwise you could not.

It is GREAT!!!

Hope this helps

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"your CPU may overheat, so keep an eye on it...do not leave your computer unattended... " -do you have a thermometer crammed up in there ???

There is the Edge of absurdity, then there is the ABYSS - which obviously you have fallen into, Pete...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to get dimensions to load on my Mac with operating system 10:12  and 8gb of ram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my adobe demension is not working on my imac. I have tried to unistall and reinstall 8 times now and is still not working. I need help please!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In our next planned update we are removing system requirements as a blocking factor.  We are testing that version now and you're welcome to join the Dimension CC Prerelease to get early access to that build and try it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using and enjoying Adobe Dimension CC for a while now, but after downloading the latest update I can not get it to open. The start-up screen (the small rectangle with the copyright info and the artwork info) pops up but it stalls on "Loading application...".

I am using a Mac with 10.12.6 OS and a Quad-Core Intel Xeon processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you were previous able to use Dimension 1.0-1.1 and now 2.0 is not working, that is not expected!  Can you please send your full system information to tickets@adobedimension.com ?  Please also check if your system is generating log files.  It may not if it's being prevented from starting up, but if it is, please attach to the e-mail with your hardware info.  Please do not share these files here on the forums.

System Info

- Application Version (Can be located in the About screen)

- OS/Version

- Processor

- Memory/RAM

- Graphics Card/VRAM

Application Logs

DimensionGPUProfiler.log

Dimension.log

Mac:  ~/Library/Logs/Adobe/

Win:  ~\username\appdata\local\Adobe\Dimension

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My system does appear to be generating log files. I have sent my system info to tickets@adobedimensions.com.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a joke? Why does the application even install if it can't load?

I'm running 10.12.6 with an nvidia780/4GB and it's just stuck there loading application.

Why isn't there a check before the install to make sure one can actually run the app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also used Dimensions pre 2019 update and now the splash screen hangs... then when it's cleared the only menu option at top is "quit" and it won't even quit.

Latest version of Adobe Dimension... never gets past "Loading Application on splash screen... don't see number... as "Quit" is only menu option under "Adobe Dimension CC" at top. Have to "Force Quit" to quit application.

OS 10.13.6
2.8ghz quad core intel xeon
8gb ram

ATI Radeon HD5770 1024MB

Yes, not the best, but as I said, it worked before. I feel like the version that worked was not quite ready to include as part of the COST of creative suite... and now it doesn't open. If it's BETA... then it should be sold as such until it works across the board.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem just stuck on loading application. I using OS.

when will you fix problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, it's not working for me too. I get the welcome screen, but can't open anything.... it looks like it's minimized the whole time. My pc conf. is:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anjai96245987,

Mine is now working. Installed the latest OS (10.14.3) now that I have a brand new mac mini with an external GPU. It appears that 16 GB of RAM is a must, as per a pop up window when launching Dimensions. Right now I am limping along with 4 GB. But within the next few days I will get 64 installed. Hope this might help answer your question as the Mod doesn't appear to be answering any more questions about it.

On a side note am downloading Adobe Fuse to be able to create native .OBJ files in order to bring them into Dimesions. Don't want to pay to either have a model created or end up buying one.

Good luck. Hope this might help answer the same question you and I appear to have had.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe dimensions will not load for me either. It acts as if it has loaded but will not fully open. Have uninstalled and then reinstalled today. Still having it giving a startup window that says "loading"

Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 11.56.04 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More than one year later, I'm experiencing the same problem. I installed and the software won't fully load, there's no menu, only the splash screen for ages... I uninstalled, installed the 2.xx version and it's still the same. I don't understand, I hope the problem is not my graphic card. I have 64 GB RAM memory and 

AMD Radeon HD 7950 3072 MB graphics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2019 Mar 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will not open for me. Stuck on splash Screen

OS Mojave

Mac Pro (early 2009)

Model Identifier: MacPro5,1

Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Processor Speed: 2.26 GHz

Number of Processors: 2

Total Number of Cores: 8

Memory: 64 GB

Radeon RX 480

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Slot: Slot-1

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 4096 MB

Vendor: AMD (0x1002)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean that´s an basicly problem...

Mainboard: ASUS Prime A320M-K

AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Radeon Vega 8 (3500 GHz)

16GB RAM / 8GB VRAM

WIN10 Pro 64Bit

Adobe Dimension: Intro of Loading, No Start.

I will test this additionally with graphics board GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB VRAM).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling a couple times.  It just shows me the splash page and the "get started" button.  I'll click it and nothing happens.  I'd love to try out the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working for me, either. Stuck on splash screen. HP Envy, Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM. Any updates on the resolution of this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same problem... Dimension not loading. I tried support once 1 year ago, but nothing was done. I've already the problem.

When I launched today dimension from inside contents files, I had this message in terminal :

[app] loading euclid-core
Loading pepper plugin /Applications/Adobe Dimension/Adobe Dimension.app/Contents/Frameworks/euclid-core-plugin.pepper;application/x-escher-plugin
[app] done loading euclid-core
[warn] kq_init: detected broken kqueue; not using.: Undefined error: 0
2020-04-29 18:13:39.955 Adobe Dimension[42587:5520541] *** WARNING: Textured window <AtomNSWindow: 0x7f9c09c5ec10> is getting an implicitly transparent titlebar. This will break when linking against newer SDKs. Use NSWindow's -titlebarAppearsTransparent=YES instead.

HELP !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having the same problem, Adobe Dimension starts but with a blank interface. Now it's giving me error "Does not meet minimum Open GL version. I have Mac Pro 5,1 Mojave 10.14.6 96 GB DDR3 Ram Intel Xeon x5690 x 2 (12 Core). Even the pre-release version giving the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue as reported by the user privaterevolution in Nov 2018. Today is the first day of Adobe MAX 2020, and I have tried Dimension versions v3.4, v3.1.1, and v3.1. All of them do the same thing, which is to open the Home screen with non-functional "New" and "Open" buttons. Quit is also non-functional, so I have to Force Quit the app.

My system specs are:

Model Name: Mac Pro

Model Identifier: MacPro5,1

Processor Name: 6-Core Intel Xeon

Processor Speed: 3.33 GHz

Number of Processors: 2

Total Number of Cores: 12

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache (per Processor): 12 MB

Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled

Memory: 32 GB

Graphics card:

Chipset Model: Radeon RX 580

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Slot: Slot-1

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 8 GB

Vendor: AMD (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x67df

Revision ID: 0x00e7

EFI Driver Version: MacVidCards

Metal: Supported, feature set macOS GPUFamily2 v1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Adobe is ignoring this issue deliberately and they don't want to
resolve this common problem for some reason...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines