• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe dimensions on windows 7 pro

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone please explain why we can not download and install Adobe dimensions on a windows 7 pro machine. I understand Adobe has chosen not to support it on windows 7 only windows 10 ( which in my opinion is a huge mistake ) but we should still have the choice to be able to download it and install it.

Look forward to an answer.

Thanks

Alex

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Hi Alex.  I'm not sure I understand why you'd want to download and install it.  The minimum OS requirement for Dimension is Windows 10, meaning it doesn't work on Windows 7.  That's not like a superficial block, it was just built for Win 10+.  Let me know if I misunderstood, but at this time I don't see any purpose in allowing users on unsupported OSes to download and install software that wouldn't run.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've moved your post from the Photoshop forum to the Dimension CC forum where you are more likely to get help with your issue

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex.  I'm not sure I understand why you'd want to download and install it.  The minimum OS requirement for Dimension is Windows 10, meaning it doesn't work on Windows 7.  That's not like a superficial block, it was just built for Win 10+.  Let me know if I misunderstood, but at this time I don't see any purpose in allowing users on unsupported OSes to download and install software that wouldn't run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeanette,

I guess my point is all other 3d software runs on Windows 7 and Windows 10 some software say they are not supported on a particular OS but will still run on it allowing people to either test it out or actually use it. Thats all.

I will just wait till there is a better reason to upgrade my OS and look at it then.

Thanks

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah it's one of those things where it's just because we're new.  If we had come out 2-3 years ago when Windows 7 was more prominent, we probably would have made different decisions.  At this point our data shows most users have switched to Windows 10 and Windows 7 is already sort of being end of lifed, so we made that decision to just architect for Win 10+.  It makes sense for apps that have been out longer to be on older OSes though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

i see you told alexm61167106 that Windows 7 is already sort of being end of lifed, yet, the rest of adobe programs do run perfectly with it and they can even be updated with no problem. I actually use on daily basis after effects, encoder, photo shop, illustrator, audition, lightroom  and premiere and well i found about this new program wich i wanted to try as well. So my question is how long will it take for all the rest of the programs to not be compatible with windows / anymore?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd say the difference is that those programs are older and already had Windows 7 support.  So there's no reason for them to stop supporting it until the platform is truly end of life'd by Microsoft.  The cost of keeping support for an older OS is relatively low since we have all the testing and code in place.

For Dimension it's a bit different because we were building a new 1.0 product.  When you build a new product you have to choose which platform you want to start at.  We chose Windows 10 because Windows 7 is on it's way out and because Windows 10 provided some technology benefits to us.

According to Microsoft Windows 7 "mainstream' support ended in 2015 and their extended support will end in January of 2020.  Various applications will need to consider how long they want to support Windows 7 after it's official end of life, but that may be per-application and I don't have a specific answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2018 Sep 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  😃 !!! i'm here to say. Did Microsoft survey 3D designers? And to add Wacom users? Looks like not.
I'm a keyshot user from many years and I'm paying the full adobre creative CC suite. And as a 3D artist and KS user I'm shure I would love to work with Adobe Dimension. But I can't go to Win10 until several problems with a sort of 3D software and Windows INK taking over wacom driver and randomly re activating right click on pen pressing or stoping Wacom driver service. Win10 is not the best option.
Did MS survey professional audio tech and mixers? Looks like they didn't either. A lot of hardware, professional (Not so old) recording hardware is not compatible on win10... And you my find a long list of known 3D artist that states not serius designer could work on Win10 until all this problems are fixed.  Sorry but Dimension is far away from standing side to side with 3D rendering software compatible with Win7.
For me, Dimension will haave to wait, at least when they finally fix Wacom and Win Ink problems.
Cheers =)!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can help you with your pen problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2018 Dec 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well then Adobe should have released Dimension in 2020. I am sure it would have been a better competitor to other 3D softwares. Windows 10 does not support every application we use. At this moment its weak and adding the fact that it has no support for windows 7, its just a product that no one cares about. Adobe should have released the app for present use. But its a big company which can afford to take risks like these, so, I understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

People switch to win10 and agree that their personal data becomes available. Win10 is full of tracking modules. Intelligence agencies or someone else-it does not matter. Too bad people are so naive. They were convinced it was for their convenience... Yeah, yeah...☻But there are still people who sit under win7. It is a pity that I can not buy adobe dimensions cc, because win7 is not supported. Ok. But if win7 support is still planned, please let me know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only reason I still use Windows at all, is because of Adobe Products.  After my annual subscription ends, I will be moving completely to linux.(Because my Windows 7 box will be end of life in 2020.)

I've used WireShark and the current adobe subscription service is absolutely tracking what you do in your adobe applications.  By using icacls you can disable some of the spying such as logtransport2.exe.

wisptis.exe wont stay disabled! - Microsoft Community

But the fact that Adobe is spying on us, a PAYING customer and we have to OPTION out of it? (If that is 100% possible.)  After selecting the don't watch/spy on me choices and saving, I discovered Adobe products were still sending telemetry to adobe.  And it was NOT the GC License checker.

I would be okay with the spying if say we were compensated say $10,000 every 1KB of personal info that goes to their servers.

But being a debt slave to the joke that Adobe has become(Paying users end up being beta testers for poor software design).  You have to rent their software.  Forever.  Like renting a hammer.  What a DUMB IDEA for the consumer.

Already learned Scribus for InDesign, Inkscape is a POWERFUL illustrator alternative.  Gimp is a joke but there are several impressive alternatives to photoshop besides gimp(Look at DarkTable).

I am a Web Designer/PhotoEditor and have enjoyed using Adobe Products since Fall 1990.

But hey, Adobe, you did this to yourself.

Stupid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those in Windows, Linux, and Macintosh try "Blender" for 3D.

https://www.blender.org/features/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 is dead and you may want to do some more homework before jumping on the linux wagon if you think they don't have data tracking but thats up to you to decide... Dimension is Windows 10 or Mac only

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Links please to suggested Linux data tracking.  I am pleased you are familiar with Linux.

Off the top of your head could you list the IP addresses that Linux uses it sends the data to?

Also which Linux services in particular are you referring to that sends the data.

Please list them, or feel free to PM me and I can post it on website to further edify the Linux Community.

Have a great day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the intelligent folks move from renting Big Brother software for the rest of their lives, many alternatives are available.

Check out Blender.  It's free.  As in FREE FOREVER.  And it's support is quicker than the Adobe paid support joke.

It's been around longer than the Adobe CC.

https://www.blender.org/features/

Why bother learning Adobe Dimensions that will be obsolete or forgotten(Like Adobe Muse).

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed.  Adobe's unfortunate moves to only being able to rent their software (for huge amounts of money for the lay person who only uses it once in a while or for occasional teaching sessions) and not making programs work with widely used current operating systems is BAD BAD BAD business.  I will certainly be transitioning away from Adobe products because of this and teaching my students to do so also.  Sorry Adobe, I'm sure this business model is making you big bucks for now, but it will eventually drive you into the ground and you will go the way of the dinosaur.  Absolutely guaranteed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also wish this worked on Windows 7, as my CC Account is mainly used on my PC here at work. It can run After Effects and other 3D programs but not Dimension obviously.   Really was disappointing as upgrading to Windows 10 assuming would take hours, then install CC again.  Either way may be worth it eventually, but right now I just have to go without I guess...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines