• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Aero animation

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I working in Dimension with export to Aero, works ok, but I see inside Aero you can put 3d models with animation (like dinosaur), I try export 3d model from Autodesk Maya to Dimension, using FBX to keep animation, but doesn't works, How I can create model and keep animation to export to Aero?

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2019 Nov 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can't [yet]

Dimension will read most Fbx files to get the actual model and drop any attached info like animations... I assume you don't need human characters but if you do then have a look at Mixamo.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thank you, I'll wait this feature in the apps, I hope soon, because the animation inside Aero is good but very basic.... and Dimension import FBX but the animation is not working...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2019 Nov 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't create animation in Dimension. For now you can create any animation in Ps and export ir from Ps. As Ussnorway mentioned you can also use character animations from Mixamo.com. I am using that workflow for creating fashion podiums. https://salbi.myportfolio.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your question: "How I can create model and keep animation to export to Aero?" 

You don't need to go through Dimension to export to Aero.  Simply take your baked FBX (or other supported format with embedded PSR animation) to Aero directly.  Make sure your animation is PSR based (or with simple rigged movements)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines