• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animating a Dimension model?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need take this model of a heart and make it slowly rotate for a video project I'm working on. Is it possible to export the file to another application to do this? If so, what application and what file type does it need to be? I'm brand new to Dimension so forgive me if this is a stupid question.

Heart.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Screenshot 2022-03-25 212618.pngBlender is one of the free apps that you can use. Download — blender.org\

Also you can use Microsoft Paint 3D. Open exported model into app and save as Video

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Thanks for your help! Took some time learning Blender, but I got it working!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2022-03-25 212618.pngBlender is one of the free apps that you can use. Download — blender.org\

Also you can use Microsoft Paint 3D. Open exported model into app and save as Video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

make it slowly rotate for a video project

By @ashleyk51077825

what is in the background of this video project you are making... is it just against a white or blank background like you show here?

yes = edit it in rush or prem-pro, the old 3D Photoshop, Blender or a dozen other 3rd party apps

no there is something in the background = you need a Machinima; Iclone, Unreal [Windows] or Unity [Mac users]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is against a white background. I have downloaded Blender. What file type should I save the project so I can import into Blender? I saved it as an OBJ file and tried to import into Blender and it wouldn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blender can open any standard file type so thats Fbx, Obj or Glb... basically anything but Dn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help! Took some time learning Blender, but I got it working!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

well done... yes Blender is well worth the time invested

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines