• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any advanced users here worked with labels with different chrome colors?

Engaged ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do a lot of labels that often have spot colored foil areas. One color is easy - I usually just wrap a transparent PNG of the label on a chrome cylinder (within a plastic bottle) with the chrome areas knocked out of the PNG. 
Woulds love to figure a solution with multiple chrome colors if not too complex a process (or even possible). Below is just a a PNG wrapped on a gold chrome cylinder. Easy, although the bursts in the background are actually chrome. Did as gray due to Dimension limitations for only one color cylinder
DP-Hash Bombs.jpg

This is one I'd like to 3D render, but I have two chrome colors, gold and red.

Black Widow-Blunts-close.jpg

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

spot colored foil is a screen printing thing but it sounds like what you actually want is different coloured 'chrome' material in your design... yes Dimension can do that and there are few options;

the basic issue is telling Dimension which parts need to be what colour and a decal is one way... yes your model can have more than one decal

another option is making the model into different parts but in the black widow example you posted I'd just use decals or  perhaps a fill... I'd also add a normal map the raise the 'chrome' areas up a bit for that foil stamped look you sometimes see with 3D printing

as always share the file is best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines