• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any tips on how to make a water splash look more realistic?

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to render a splash to be like water. The material type I have selected is glass, however it either looks like white ceramic or tin foil depending on which lighting environment I give it. You can also see on the image below that where the splash is in front of the cans, it appears see through. But when the splash is away from the can, it colours in a 100% opacity so you can't see through to the background image

Does anyone have any ideas on making this look more real?

Thanks!

Water Splashes.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Objects use the Environment Light for reflection and refraction in glass/liquids.  It looks like you have one of the more generic grey studio lights in place which is lighting and reflecting through the glass that solid gray color.  I'd recommend using Match Image to create an environment light from the background image for general ambient light and reflections, then use the Sunlight to do a spotlight towards the front.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd also move your camera up a bit so it is looking down at the water surface instead of across it... another option is to move the splash down below the surface plan but imo moving the camera up will give better results

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines