• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apply 2D graphic to Shape a 3D Sphere?

Contributor ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still new to Dimension so sorry in advance for the nooby framing of the question.

I want to create a 3D sphere, then cut it in half. I then want to take a 2D vector (logo) and apply it to the flat section of one of the halves. Here's the important part: I want the 2D vector to alter the shape of the flat side (via extrusion / inclusion), NOT simply display the 2D vector as an image on the sphere. In fact, I don't want the 2D shape to display as an image at all.

The phrasing of this is difficult and Google just populates the wrong feedback, hence why I'm asking you good folk. Looking for any and all help!

TOPICS
Creative , How to , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

yes and no

• first yes Dimension can make a spear, and yes you can use a pattern to adjust the surface of the models i.e, extrusion / inclusion | normal and bump maps all work

https://community.adobe.com/t5/dimension/dyson-spear/m-p/10506518

• but no you can't use a vector because Dimension will auto convert it to an image ... if the pattern is conplex then you are prob better to use a true 3D editing software like Photoshop or Blender to make the sphere and then just colour it in Dimension

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes and no

• first yes Dimension can make a spear, and yes you can use a pattern to adjust the surface of the models i.e, extrusion / inclusion | normal and bump maps all work

https://community.adobe.com/t5/dimension/dyson-spear/m-p/10506518

• but no you can't use a vector because Dimension will auto convert it to an image ... if the pattern is conplex then you are prob better to use a true 3D editing software like Photoshop or Blender to make the sphere and then just colour it in Dimension

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines