• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

apply a 2D face onto a 3D skull how to make realistic

Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 2D jpg of a face. Absent a wireframe, I thought I might apply it in Adobe Dimension as a label to my 3D skull asset. Of course it is not working--the proportions are not identical and a skull has dips and high points the jpg does not.

Is there a way to use my 3D skull assets as a sort of wireframe for my jpg image? See attached.jpg. The skull 3D asset from Adobe Stock is the only similar shape I can find.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is a software that makes face wraps from a human image yes

https://www.dolphinimaging.com/product/ThreeD?Subcategory_OS_Safe_Name=ThreeD&Feature_OS_Safe_Name=2...

but you need whats called a head shot;

Adobe Stock 325302473 .jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is very interesting. I wonder if it extends to the entire skull...I looked at the examples on the website but could only see a jaw and an existing 3D head image...by Headshot do you mean 3 D or 2D?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

a head shot is 2D images; normally face front and sometimes a side shot [if you want ears]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6E-BZfYLrU

a lot of 3rd party software can convert head shots into animation [see vid] but the same wrap works for textures on a skull... you may also want to try exporting textures from Dimension which will give you a Photoshop template you can use to match up your image to

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines