• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Applying graphics to basic shapes

Contributor ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, i'm trying to design a takeaway coffee cup, i tried using the template but ended up making my own coffee cup using the cone from basic shapes, but it seems that i can't apply my own graphics onto these basic shapes, is it at all possible? Image below is my custom made coffee cup shape

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Hi, you must convert to to a standard model to apply the graphics 😉 in the right pannel or by the menu Object / convert to standard model

https://helpx.adobe.com/dimension/using/work-with-basic-shapes.html#Convertingparametricmodelstostandardmodels

Capture d'écran 2020-05-25 19.52.07.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, you must convert to to a standard model to apply the graphics 😉 in the right pannel or by the menu Object / convert to standard model

https://helpx.adobe.com/dimension/using/work-with-basic-shapes.html#Convertingparametricmodelstostan...

Capture d'écran 2020-05-25 19.52.07.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for the reply, but the option is grayed out in the objects window and doesn't appear at all in the right panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So do you have the latest version of Dimension?

In any event I would use the magic wand tool and create a new material (with graphics)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have the latest version, i'm not sure if that would work in my case as i also have a pre designed label, with curvature taken into consideration, which is what i'm trying to apply to the cup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
actually nevermind, i got it, my mistake!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines