• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Architectural Renderings

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been a working graphic designer for about 15 years now.  One of my client has asked me if I do renderings.  Apparently, its hell getting them done. 

Can I do those with DIMENSION?  It seems like I should be able to but I haven't seen any examples. 

All advice and perspectives appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 19, 2019 Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there are two types of rendor;

static images where you sell the client a room or product as an image in 3d... Dimension is designed for this and there is a tutorial

Apply 2D art to a 3D model |

video where you "walk" the client around their new home... you need a machinima to make these i.e, Iclone Unity or unreal so Dimension is out

eg, = unreal

they are not hard to make but it is a different skill (3d design) which you would need to learn if you want to make them;

Iclone is the easiest to learn (most expensive) if you want to start making them... you can make the models yourself but most people pay someone else when a deadline is near and that can add up

Unity and Unreal are both free so popular with students, imo unreal is the better option of these two and the better to teach but they both suffer from a lack of professional patronage so if you need a hobby they are fine

AR is becoming more popular as well... this is where you make a 4d vid of a room that does exist as different to something which only lives on paper. Because the room is real you can just hire a 3d camera and make the vid without really understanding how it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2019 Jul 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Client is a luxury homebuilder.  They rarely need interior renderings or walk-throughs.  They do need exterior renderings of homes to be built.  Fairly straightforward. 

So, it seems like Dimension will work for that. 

Plus, I live in one of the fastest growing counties in the US--could probably pick up other rendering work with builders if I can learn it. 

Thanks so much for your feedback. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would depend what kind of project you want and the quality of render that your client asks. Can you share more details? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Client is a luxury homebuilder.  They rarely need interior renderings or walk-throughs.  They do need exterior renderings of homes to be built.  Fairly straightforward. 

It seems like Dimension will be suitable for this.

Unless you have some different information you think I should know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

take a good photo of the block then use Dimension to show how the home looks sitting on in... yes this is what Dimension is good for

as for models a lot of the better architectural software can already output designs into Stl or Obj files for rendorings and software such as Photoshop, Blender or even Maya can edit the basic designs... add a few plants in the garden and put a car in the driveway to finish the image

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Dimension now using Substance materials. https://www.substance3d.com/products/substance-painter 

If you want to go deeper please look at

That will allow you to create correct and fantastic material for your building, Creating home models is not so hard.

The easiest way to start is to take images and reproduce them in apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  Will check this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Dimension now using Substance materials. https://www.substance3d.com/products/substance-painter

If you want to go deeper please look at https://academy.substance3d.com/  or https://www.substance3d.com/pbr-guide

That will allow you to create correct and fantastic material for your building, Creating home models is not so hard.

The easiest way to start is to take images and reproduce them in apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines