Basketball Livery

Participant ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been given art that needs to be mapped onto a basketball. So,

• I need to be able to strip the panel art onto each panel
  • I need to be able to get a basketball texture to appear to distort the art
  • I need the traditional black lines between each panel.

What I have so far, is a manufacturers template containing the different panels, in vector art. 

Any suggestions?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably know that there are different types of topology to make a spherical object. Your UVs are going to be different, depending on your geometry.  If you don't rely on generic "spherical mapping", exporting the UV reference from your model will help you.

different sphere geometrydifferent sphere geometry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Woosh! Ko! You did a flyby. This sounds like it's going to be difficult. Your logic makes sense, though I would never have thought of that that regarding the geometry, but it makes sense. I don't have a clue of what a UV is. What steps can I go through to make this happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please review my video about new features in updated version 3.4 of Dn. https://youtu.be/jFFqWHD3Q_4

Would be interesting to know does it helps you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

at the end of the day, how easy | hard this is will boil down to what model you use... if you pick a well made 'ball' instead of just a sphere then life will be simple mate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My mission has now changed. I appreciate the education you gave me. Well worth the post. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines