• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best MacBook Pro for Dimensions

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently using a 2017 MacBook Pro with a 2.8GHZ Quad Core i7 and Raedon Pro 555 2GB and Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB. This has been a great machine for a lot of the 3D work I've done in Dimensions but I still find that at times it's not enough (and my computer sounds like it's either going to take off or freezes mid-render). Wondering if anyone has recommendations for a new MacBook Pro that might render more quickly or without those issues.

TOPICS
Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1st Dimension is finished

2nd Mac [any] is the wrong tool, you will spend $2000+ to have a good one and they still don't rendor half as well as a cheep Windows laptop {$500-900}

your Mac sounds like a helicopter trying to take off because its not using the Gpu at all and and the Cpu does everything... thats by design and Apple only adds a Gpu because people ask for it

the freezes mid rendor could be heat but its more likely just out of Ram... adding more Ram would help but of course that voids help

if you like your Mac thats great but if you want to get into 3D then Windows is where you need to be... its your money so good luck mate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines