Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black screen

New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ! 
I recently downloaded Dimension on my laptop, and it's able to run it. But when I open it, I can see the tool bar without any problem but the "space" part is black. 
does anyone know how I can fix this ?

thanks ! 

TOPICS
Download and install , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Hello Ares

I have just opened Dimension and a message has appeared to activate the GPU. I have not made any changes to my graphic card. The problem is solved, now I can see the workspace in 3D.

Thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you an Mac or Win?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

laptops offen have 2 Gpu, one for just running the screen and a better one for doing the actual work

Windows users should check that Dimension is set to open with the better Gpu and Mac users need to remove any 3rd party cab software for running more than 1 screen... at least until you test these are not the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a new build with bug fixes. https://community.adobe.com/t5/dimension/dimension-3-4-2-is-now-available/td-p/12022569

Are you able to run Dn?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Ares

I have installed the latest versión 3.4.2 (windows) on my desktop computer, but have the same problem than Junye. Can you help me?. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share your system info, including Video Graphics?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Pro

Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 Super

Controller version 462.31

Intel Core i9-10980XE 3.00Ghz

64 GB Ram

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this https://helpx.adobe.com/dimension/kb/issue-intel-video-card-driver.html

Solutions. Right-click the Dimension application icon. In the context menu, click Change Default Graphics Processor. Set the NVIDIA card as the default GPU for Dimension.exe

Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 Super is latest cards and may be Dn  isn't optimized for it. Try to use Intel Graphics if you have it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ares

I have just opened Dimension and a message has appeared to activate the GPU. I have not made any changes to my graphic card. The problem is solved, now I can see the workspace in 3D.

Thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the similar problem.. screen turning black on clicking. Read through the chats, Choose "Troubleshoot Compatibility."; this step is boggling me. 

I am not at all a tech person. 

Help me out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your issue has nothing to do with black screens so please don't post me too... apart from being rude it also makes it hard to see because old threads get sorted in a different way

anyway you gave a screengrab [well done] and it looks like the sharpening globally nvidia issue

https://community.adobe.com/t5/dimension/experiencing-strange-screen-behaviour-with-mouse-hover/m-p/...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, Junye! I was experiencing the same problem. I would launch Dimension, and everything looked normal, but the stage wouldn't show. I could see everything else, but the stage was just black.

My set-up felt normal: I have a laptop with a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti GPU. My laptop is connected to a dock and I have two external monitors.

It turns out, the problem (at least on my computer) was that I had set one of my external monitors as the "main display" in my display settings, NOT my laptop monitor.

When I switched my "main display" from the external monitor to the laptop monitor, Dimension loaded just fine.

This is a very weird bug.

Hope this helps!

~ Art

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

conected to a dock = not a bug

it doesn't work like that because the dock doesn't have vram and Dimension isn't designed for systems without vram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was super helpful for me to find! Thank you for posting this, solved exactly the same issue for me and my laptop has AMD Ryzen 5 5600U with Radeon Graphics 2.30 GHz!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines