Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blank Viewport when importing a background image

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm new to Dimension and for some reason, recently, when I import a background image the viewport remains blank. I had a corrupted scene that crashed so I tried re-installing, but that did not work. Any idea why this is happening? I can see the imported image under the canvas properties. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Please send a message to tickets@adobedimension.com with the image attached.  We may need to request some logs which can't be sent on the forums.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if the system crashed I would assume the image is too big and you ran out of ram | cpu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that is the issue. I have 16gb of ram and can run 3DS Max with no issues. I've tried different size photos too and that doesn't seem to work either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3ds max isn't the same as Dimension and 16g of ram doesn't help if it is currently doing something else... have you tried using images from a different location i.e, move one to your desktop and ask Dimension to open it from there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please send a message to tickets@adobedimension.com with the image attached.  We may need to request some logs which can't be sent on the forums.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines