• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug appears when creating cylinder object in Form Z and importing to Dimension

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a problem with modeling hollow cylinders and importing it to Dimension without bugs (the programmers for Form Z can't find any fault in their program). 

The hollow cylinder is exported to an object. Then imported into Dimension. Without doing anything else the program makes a square on top of the hole in the cylinder. This happens to any cylinder-object I make, both simple or detailed models. 

Is there anyone that has experienced the same problem or someone who can think of a way to avoid this?

We have tried to fix the UV-map, but that is very complicated and does not fix it a 100%.

I have attatched a picture of the object in Form Z and one from Dimension with the square.

Adobe would not let me upload the OBJ-file unfortunately. 

All help is much appreciated! 

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Screenshot (4327).png

the square is an UV map error so I would open the model in Photoshop... assuming that rendors right its fixable by generation of a new UV map and export as wavefront Obj however Dimension, Photoshop or Blender all have cylinder shapes so maybe just stop using Z?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (4327).png

the square is an UV map error so I would open the model in Photoshop... assuming that rendors right its fixable by generation of a new UV map and export as wavefront Obj however Dimension, Photoshop or Blender all have cylinder shapes so maybe just stop using Z?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, that worked on simple objects, but not more complex. But thanks for the help 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

if the shape is that complex you may want to cut it up into smaller parts... another workflow is Blender which gives more control over UV unwrapping

anyway good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines