• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug - File size continues to grow

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I've found a bug. I have a complex .obj file that I import, then I save this after applying durfaces etc. the object. Then I save this file as a .dn file. Then I create a new file, import the .dn file I just saved. The reason for doing this is that I have many variations I have to render, using the same object. I only want to add the object surfaces once. Problem is that sometimes I end up importing a previously imported object from a .dn file. This seems to cause the file size to grow! For simple objects, it's only a small amout, but for complex ones, it's significant!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further on this, this bug can be avoided by exporting the specific object from Dimensions, as a .dn file, then importing it to a new dimensions file.

Therefore, when you import an entire dimensions file,  it seems to be importing alot more than the objects. Even after removing everything from the scnene, lights, background, etc. my file size is still 2Gb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, better to export selected object than all dn file as the second one includes all scene properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a dn file includes other info yes... also its a bad idea to save your workflow models as Dn because they become corupt when you update Dimension builds

always store models as wavefront Obj mate... saves heartake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines