Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug while saving files in Dimension?

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,
I think I found a bug while saving files in Dimension.
For example, if I have a 2Gb scene, delete all the objects and save it as an empty template (to have the same camera position, ambient light, etc), the new file is still 2Gb!
How can it be possible? It seems odd to me, is there any solution? I need to have a “blank” file to start importing object and ever have the same light/cameras.
Thanks

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try to reproduce your file and get empty file 2.01 MB with 3 point lights and envirenment light. No objects has been placed on scene . After placing coffe cup I see light. file size is become 14 MB. What is your canvas size?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ares,

my canvas size is 4000x3000 px. Anyway you try to delete the cup of coffee ... and save the document. Now how big is your "empty" document? 2mb or 14 mb? Mine is 14 mb! and if you add yet another object and delete it ... the "empty" file gets bigger and bigger.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, adding object increases file size and depend on models amount and types. But after deleting any objects it decreases again. My empty file is 2 MB anyway after deleting object or objects.  Size of canvas do not play any role for file size ( I test it for your canvas size). I can't exactly explain how your file become bigger. Window has to overwrite the recent file with new one and remove trash info, but in your case it seems we have cumulative effects. Does  it happens only with Dn file or with any other app file? Dn store any "other info" in yout case...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I on Win 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines