• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Dimension be used on a closed network, i.e. one without an internet connection?

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to find out if Dimension can be used iin a closed network - no outside conection. Is there any way that a company could buy a license and set up some sort of internal license server for Dimension?

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Hello!

As a general rule, All adobe apps will need an internet connection to install and then on a regular basis for checking if the billing info is correct
see info there:

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/kb/internet-connection-creative-cloud-apps.html

I don't know if anything applies to Dimension in particular

NOW:
I seem to remember that it is/was possible to buy the enterprise/team version of the software to use in a situation like yours (Government agencies, Cybersecurity compani

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no Adobe software is designed for systems without internet... they all want to 'call home' and will flag themselves as pirate if they can't [sometimes even if they can]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming that. Since it is actually a part of the Creative Cloud, (which will actually work ina closed system), I was hoping that Dimension would also follow the same rules. Strangely enough, if I start the app and immediately opne a document or start a new one, it will stay open.... and I can build and save things. Don't know how long that will work. I gues I'll ust have to use Blender... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

As a general rule, All adobe apps will need an internet connection to install and then on a regular basis for checking if the billing info is correct
see info there:

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/kb/internet-connection-creative-cloud-apps.html

I don't know if anything applies to Dimension in particular

NOW:
I seem to remember that it is/was possible to buy the enterprise/team version of the software to use in a situation like yours (Government agencies, Cybersecurity companies, you see what I mean). That was possible by contacting Adobe directly.

Side note, as it may help, you can get links without the installer, see this blog post:

https://prodesigntools.com/creative-cloud-2023-direct-download-links.html
(By the way Prodesigntools is a legit company, a reseller of Adobe products, they have very informative blog posts.)

In any case the advice seems to contact Adobe directly, and they might advise you on the possibility (it's evidently restricted to particular situations and not just "I don't want internet on my computer" 🙂 You'll need a damn good reason)

If I find the official statement that it's possible, I'll post it here, in the meantime, to contact Adobe, go to Adobe.com (you'll be redirected to the country website you belong to), check the bottom right of your screen and click on the bubble speech you'll see there.
You'll get hooked with a chatbot at first, but ask to be directed to a real human and it should do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the currect 'official' stance from Adobe is that Dimension is finished and you should move on to Stagger or something else... its not 'end of life' because of a can of worms that opens

Dimension WILL stop working on everyones systems at some point... for many of us it already has

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines