Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't find any model of a disk that works with decals

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

Has anyone at all been able to render a decal on a disk correctly? I've tested all the models on Adobe Stock with disks and none of them work with decals.

I either get an error message that the model dose't work with decals, or this attached warped thing. In the picture there's a cylinder with the default decal, and a disk with the default decal, but warping.

disk_error.png

I would live to use this application for doing quick product renders, but there just doesn't seem to be the infrastructure behind it.

I don't suppose i'm doing something wrong, or there's a way around this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

The decal feature doesn't currently work well on any objects with holes in the graphic placement area.  I've marked this situation for our engineers as we're working on decal improvements for a release later this year.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The decal feature doesn't currently work well on any objects with holes in the graphic placement area.  I've marked this situation for our engineers as we're working on decal improvements for a release later this year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. That's great that it's a logged bug. Looking forward to the next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

duncanm90697064  wrote

there's a way around this?

I would make another rendor of a flat plane with the decal and fix it in Photoshop i.e, mask it onto the disc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's a good idea.

I tried it out and realised that the Dimension export includes some masking info to make this easier. So it's pretty simple to mask it onto the rendered CD object. Though it needs a bit of fiddling to match the lighting.

Bad example:

mask example.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines