• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't get past welcome screen

Contributor ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just downloaded Dimension on my Mac after doing a clean install, but can't seem to get past the welcome screen:

Screen Shot 2020-03-08 at 10.48.36.png

Whenever I click 'create new' or 'open' nothing happens

Also there is nothing in the menu bar apart from 'Quit'... which also doesn't work, I have to force-quit the app

Screen Shot 2020-03-08 at 10.51.50.png

Could this be anything to do with my Mac being a late 2009 model? It is getting quite old now! But I generally don't have problems apart from it being slow at times

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

the install has failed and yes its because your Mac is just too old to run Dimension... 2011 is the [min] age chip that has any hope

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/dimension/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Win and there is HOME icon for showing Home screen. Hope this will help

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the install has failed and yes its because your Mac is just too old to run Dimension... 2011 is the [min] age chip that has any hope

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/dimension/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am having the exact same issue, but my mac is a more recent one.
Not sure what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be sure, because I was so excited when I tested this as Project Felix, there is no way around the 2011 min requirement?

I have a 2010 27"imac 16gb ram, 1T SSD running High Sierra, I know I am right at the limit and was wondering if there was anything I could do to use this program, I've been messing with Adobe Aero on my phone and Im sure working with both programs would amazing.

Thanks for your time, cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[quote]there is no way around the 2011 min requirement?[/quote]

correct

Project Felix was more open ended but Dimension has changed and the dev team had to draw a line in the sand... in fact not all 2011 chips are able to run Dimension because Apple did a deal with Intel to reuse some of their busted chips so there are [so called] 2014 chips around that can not run this software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your photoshop welcome screen is stuck and you can't see new files or images opened:

Disable your graphics card link to photoshop - it is no longer supported:

Settings -> performance - checkbox disable "use graphics processor"
Camera-raw -> Performance -> Use Graphics Processor "OFF"

Then update your graphics card drivers as they are released, and after every upgrade, try to switch these settings on again - if it doesn't work, switch them off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If your photoshop welcome screen is stuck and you can't see new files or images opened:

Disable your graphics card link to photoshop - it is no longer supported:

Settings -> performance - checkbox disable "use graphics processor"
Camera-raw -> Performance -> Use Graphics Processor "OFF"

Then update your graphics card drivers as they are released, and after every upgrade, try to switch these settings on again - if it doesn't work, switch them off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines