• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't import obj from photoshop in dimension

New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a simple shape in illu and than transformed in 3D in photoshop after export in obj dimension doesn't show me the obj file. What is wrong? Thanks for support!

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can add that the problem is the export from photoshop. it exports not one file it makes different ones...???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cam you share Ps file to test? Screen capture Ps also would be helpful 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-05-06 142341.pngScreenshot 2021-05-06 142423.pngScreenshot 2021-05-06 142557.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last picture shows what it saves as. and it doesn't look like an obj to me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

your screengrab is a shape turned into a basic 3D object by a system called 'extrusion'... they are simple and not good for decal work

what went wrong? = 2 things;

1. you did not generate a Uv map in Photoshop before exporting it... that is why it looks like more than 1 thing
  2. you made the shape from a smart object... this locks the textures

if you go back into Photoshop and correct these two mistakes it will give you a much better result but you will still be able to see the small join mark from the extrusion at some angles so if the object is going to be say a glass sitting on a table with the sun behind it then I'd make the model in Blender, Wrap or Maya instead

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines