• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cinema 4D export

Contributor ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the best options when you export a model from Cinema 4D to Dimensions?  I know I have to use the wavefront obj, but looking for the best options within the export dialog to use..many thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thank you for posting query on forums.

Adobe Dimension CC only supports .OBJ format to import 3D models so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

You can import a model from Cinema 4D to Dimension by exporting your model to .obj file directly from Cinema 4D and then importing it into dimension. You're looking for File -> Export -> Wavefront OBJ. Here is a video: https://www.cineversity.com/vidplaytut/how_to_import_and_export_obj_models

Good luck,

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the only honest answer is that what options (with in OBJ) setting work best for Dimension depends on the model

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's probably not the right place to ask this. But do you have cinema 4d tutorials, since you are already working on it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay,  maybe no one wants to help me out. Anyway, if you do fancy knowing if i did eventually found anything, then yes, I did.

It's more of a list, a community curated list sort of. https://hackr.io/tutorials/learn-cinema-4d

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

haha thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines