Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colour washed out and poor quality

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

New to Dimensions.  Have created design, but when rendered, the image loses all colour and is blurred.... the photo is a screengrab of my photoshop screen.  What am I doing wrong?!  I've read through the forums and can see that others have questioned the rendering, but not with this specific problem.

Thanks.  ClaireScreen Shot 2017-11-20 at 13.32.03.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Looks like your lighting is blown out, so it's just really over exposed.  When you are in design mode it's important to open the Render Preview window while making design choices as the canvas is not accurate.  The canvas is designed to be fast, but has several factors that look pretty different than the final rendering including lighting and shadows.  The things I'd recommend checking are:

- Environment Light Intensity

- Sunlight Intensity

- Depth of Field

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like your lighting is blown out, so it's just really over exposed.  When you are in design mode it's important to open the Render Preview window while making design choices as the canvas is not accurate.  The canvas is designed to be fast, but has several factors that look pretty different than the final rendering including lighting and shadows.  The things I'd recommend checking are:

- Environment Light Intensity

- Sunlight Intensity

- Depth of Field

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeanette,

Thanks for the reply.  Depth of field is off.  Sunlight intensity is on cloudy and the Environment intensity is on 0.88.

The Render preview window is similar to that of the final render, however, I cannot seem to get either to appear vaguely close to the design window without the colours being totally blown!

I attach what I view on the design canvas...

aarrgghh!!!

thanks.Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 14.34.32.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, sorry!  To be more clear, I mean ignore the canvas completely.  The canvas is a lie.  Make your decisions using the Render Preview, that is the truth!  Lighting, shadows, and colors in the canvas are designed to be fast so you can work real time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeanette,

Thanks so much for the advice, I've got the colours looking a zillion times better than when I was trying alone.  Final question (i hope).  Resolution.  I've rendered this high quality 16bit photoshop, however it's looking pretty low... and this is using a stock structure from Dimensions. Please see attached.

Have you any further advice regarding this?

Thanks so much again.

Claire

Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 15.57.06.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not entirely sure which type of resolution you're referring to, so here's a few answers.

• Document/Render Resolution in pixels can be set in Design Mode.  Select the environment and change the Canvas Size property.
  • If you mean DPI/PPI we don't have those controls yet.  Our output is purely pixel based.  So if you want it to be 10 inches at 300 DPI in Photoshop, just set it to 3000 pixels, for example.  We'll add controls for these soon.
  • If you mean the sort of noise/quality then that is set by the Render Quality setting (low/medium/high).  This controls the amount of image noise/grain in the final render.  It does not have any effect on size/resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Claire,

May I know how you solve the design canvas and redener diffrent problem?

I have face the same problem of after render the image will over exposure, diffrent with the design canvas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this is a 5 year old thread ... the software changed a lot since then

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines