Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Copy and paste dimension objects between different scenes.

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A greeting. Question: If I create an object with primitives in DM then how can I copy it and paste it into a different rendering scene? Do I have to recreate the object from new? Thank you for your help.

TOPICS
Feature request, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018
There is no way to do this currently.  Please feel free to share ideas and vote on our feedback forums.Import / Add Custom Items to Assets – Adobe Dimension CC Feedback Portal We do plan to allow users to save their custom models locally (through export) and to CC Libraries.

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes and no

1. for people that don't know... primitives = basic objects such as cubes, spheres, planes and cylinders etc
  2. you can group these into one object and make a different background... you can also 'save' the dn file so you don't have to remake the object

However you can't save the 3d model on it own... not yet... so I would make the model in some other software then import it to Dimension

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your speed. So it is a NO.

Save the DN file (with the object) and then create a new scene.

Could it be a shortcut if you could save the file (object=primitive) in the Cloud Library?

Greeting!

Alessandro

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Datatellers+-+StartUp  wrote

Could it be a shortcut if you could save the file (object=primitive) in the Cloud Library?

that would be my pick but the team has not linked Dimension up to the cc library yet... you can take background | decal images from there but you can't save anything back in

what I do is make the primitives in Photoshop... a Photoshop 3d layer can be saved to your cc library and stored | shared as needed (strange times we live in when Photoshop is the better tool for a 3d job)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no way to do this currently.  Please feel free to share ideas and vote on our feedback forums.

Import / Add Custom Items to Assets – Adobe Dimension CC Feedback Portal

We do plan to allow users to save their custom models locally (through export) and to CC Libraries.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines